Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, we were talking about a hypothetical world in which his OBP was .350. I think that'd be pretty swell out of the catcher position, considering the fact that I don't think he's a butcher behind the plate.
    poop

Comment

Maybe so. But honestly, who gives a fuck about my opinion here? (not trying to be a dick, just truthful.)
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I value everyone's opinion around here*.

*tr305 excepted
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Well, who gives a fuck about anyone's opinions?
          --------------------
          Fritz and I just can't get on the same page.
          --------------------
          It's like a rom-com.
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-19-2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

Hanley is worth a hit of bath salts and maybe a mid-level prospect.

Comment

$25-50 and a mid-level prospect? Sounds like a steal!
              poop

Comment

I'd like to point out that numbers of users is not the perfect measure as some drugs are more destructive on the body then others. I still believe that meth addicts have similarities in appearance to zombies. But then again we dose our kids with similar drugs that the difference is dosage amount to reach the same effect ie 10mg of meth is equal to 30 mg of adderall. A drug problem in this country does exist and it has to do with politics and not drug use.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                  I'd like to point out that numbers of users is not the perfect measure as some drugs are more destructive on the body then others. I still believe that meth addicts have similarities in appearance to zombies. But then again we dose our kids with similar drugs that the difference is dosage amount to reach the same effect ie 10mg of meth is equal to 30 mg of adderall. A drug problem in this country does exist and it has to do with politics and not drug use.
                  Jay?

Comment

I clicked the link.

Comment

Oh.

Comment

Hanley Ramirez could miss a few games with an infection in his right hand.
                        It's the same hand he punched a cooling fan with in the last game before the All-Star break. He hasn't missed any games since, but evidently the hand is an issue again. The Marlins should provide an update on his status later Friday. Source: Joe Capozzi on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                          MM21, which player is more useful to the team? Player A that bats .280 and has a .320 on base percentage? Or Player B who bats .220 and has a .350 on base percentage?
                          MM21, the correct answer is "it depends."
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

We're assuming all other things being equal offensively.

But he danced around the question anyway.
                            --------------------
                            The idea was to help him move away from focusing on batting average in a vacuum.
                            Last edited by Mainge; 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

You can't hold all else equal, though, because while one hitter can be mostly better than another, they do have different roles. Someone who gets on base a ton but doesn't successfully put the ball in play very often won't make a great run producer. The high OBP guy would be an excellent top of the lineup hitter, though.
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

@joecapMARLINS
                                Hearing that Hanley Ramirez's right hand -- one that had stitches from hitting fan in st Louis -- is infected. At hospital now.

Comment

Working...
                                X