Rumor: President Obama May Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Marlins Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: President Obama May Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch at Marlins Park

This is something I was made aware of earlier this week. I was going to sit on it until Samson said the ceremonial first pitch for Opening Day was a 'surprise' today at fan fest.

Festa's gonna be so mad.
    poop

Comment

By "surprise" he meant "Emilio Estefan," though I imagine Jon Secada is also receiving strong consideration.

Comment

I would give up my season tickets.

Comment

Obama talked about throwing out first pitches on the Bill Simmons podcast this week. Said it's very stressful and tough to do with the bulletproof vest on.

Sounded like a humblebrag.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by tr305 View Post
          I would give up my season tickets.
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 03-03-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

Will he ever be able to throw a strike like W did?

Comment

Never. He throws like someone who has never thrown a baseball before.

Comment

Wouldn't the Secret Service be ridiculously tight lipped about something like this?

Comment

Not at all. The President has events on his schedules months in advance.

Comment

Pretty cool if true. Security will be a pain (oh well). Was at the game at Nationals park when he threw first pitch a couple years ago. Took forever to get into the stadium.

Comment

As much as I like President Obama, I really hope this isn't the case. It's already going to be a nightmare getting in and out of that place, this is going to make it a million times worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
                        As much as I like President Obama, I really hope this isn't the case. It's already going to be a nightmare getting in and out of that place, this is going to make it a million times worse!
                        Who the fuck cares. It's opening day in the new ballpark!

Comment

Working...
                        X