No announcement yet.

March 2012 Marlins Park Construction Update - One More Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its anything like it is at AT&t Park in San Francisco, it should be fine. Both stadiums were constructed by the same architectural firm.

I sat in very similar seats in San Fran as where I got a 41 game plan (section 308). The view from those seats was superb. Also, the Vista Box along the 1st base side is definitely going to have the nicest view of downtown in the entire stadium. At fan Fest I noticed that the line of sight from the lower bowl seats only let's you see the top of most of the downtown skyscrapers. I honestly can't wait to see the view from those seats during a night game with downtown all lit up.

Comment

But will the Vista Box seats be too high to see the skyline? That's my concern.

What I'm saying is......will we be too high to see through the gap and be stuck with seeing just the top of the stadium?

Comment

I think the Vista Box is called such because it has a vista of downtown, no?

(You can also check out the view from rows and sections on the Marlins website.)

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
          I think the Vista Box is called such because it has a vista of downtown, no?

(You can also check out the view from rows and sections on the Marlins website.)
          The 3D feature show a view of the houses just to the east of the stadium, not the Miami skyline.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
            If its anything like it is at AT&t Park in San Francisco, it should be fine. Both stadiums were constructed by the same architectural firm.

I sat in very similar seats in San Fran as where I got a 41 game plan (section 308). The view from those seats was superb. Also, the Vista Box along the 1st base side is definitely going to have the nicest view of downtown in the entire stadium. At fan Fest I noticed that the line of sight from the lower bowl seats only let's you see the top of most of the downtown skyscrapers. I honestly can't wait to see the view from those seats during a night game with downtown all lit up.
            Every seat here felt closer than any seat I've been at in SF. I'm still amazed at how they made everything feel so close.
            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              The 3D feature show a view of the houses just to the east of the stadium, not the Miami skyline.
              I don't think seats behind home plate were ever designed to provide a sweeping view of downtown. Downtown is directly east and the home plate line of sight is more south-southeast.

This is the projected view from first base line seats in the Vista Box:

Comment

The vista box 1st base is too high to get a great view of downtown. Best downtown views are just a little right of home plate and the very top of the lower level.

Comment

Batter's eye being painted black:

--------------------
                  Another look (via @Glenn Geffner):

--------------------
                  And another (via @JCRMarlinsbeat):

Last edited by TheMendozaLine; 03-06-2012, 02:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Comment

Roof closed:

Comment

Wo that's creepy.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Another shot of the ballpark with the roof closed:

Comment

I'm telling you the lighting looks week. I hope wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                              I'm telling you the lighting looks week. I hope wrong.
                              It's not weak.

But I will say that the stadium is not nearly as majestic with the roof/windows closed. Its very Tropicana (but better).

I noticed a HUGH difference between tonight and Saturday. But it's to be expected I suppose.

Comment

The lighting is not weak at all. Actually pretty bright in there.

I thought the stadium was just as nice opened and closed...

Comment

Working...
                                X