No announcement yet.

Marlins Chosen for Season Two of "The Franchise"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I posted this before but evidently it got lost in space......

Scary how much this front office weighs 1940'esque basic stats into their decision making.

It was scary to hear Beinfest rattle off Batting Average stats as shit was going down to the wire.

It's time for a tr305 scorched earth move. All is lost.

Comment

• I agree Namaste, especially since Loria and Beinfest pride themselves on building a unique, brash and unusual baseball experience (from the stadium to in-your-face Ozzie). Their reliance on rudimentary stats to build a baseball team is sad. Maybe they learned something about the save stat with Bell this year. But they also gave Nunez a big contract so...

Comment

• The Marlins FO is a dinosaur and the team's performance the last 3 years are a direct result of that. Everyone needs to get fired for arrogance and ignorance.

Comment

• Just caught up. I had only watched the first episode until tonight. That Ozzie/Samson exchange was the best. I wish the show as an hour. And yea, they, to me, seem very old school statistic wise during the times I talked to Larry and Mike.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• One thing I thought was them countless times dissing Cishek when talking to Ryan Webb, saying that his (Webb's) stuff was way nastier than Cishek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              One thing I thought was them countless times dissing Cishek when talking to Ryan Webb, saying that his (Webb's) stuff was way nastier than Cishek.
              You're misinterpreting what they said. If anything it was a compliment to him.

They were basically saying Cishek is having a very good season and has great stuff. They're saying to Webb that he has even better stuff and should be pitching much better than he is.

Comment

• Oh ok. I saw it as "Cishek's shit is bad even though he's having a great season."

Comment

• You'd have to imagine that Showtime execs are not pleased about what could very potentially be a very boring remainder of episodes.

Comment

• The opening of tonight's episode is gold

Comment

• They look good and play like shit.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jOOj View Post
                        They look good and play like shit.
                        Site slogan

Comment

• Not a fan of the wives getting so much tv time.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I'd rather look at them than the shitty play on the field. At least they are easy to look at. (minus Giancarlo)

Comment

• Heath Bells wife looks like a sumo wrestler, guy

Comment

• Some people are into that type of thing. I am not one of them, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X