Hanley Ramirez Speaks Out: "I’m going to play third base with the Marlins."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley Ramirez Speaks Out: "I’m going to play third base with the Marlins."

Perhaps the biggest question for the Marlins going into spring training is whether Hanley Ramirez will embrace his new position at third base. Judging from his comments Friday in the Dominican Republic, it sounds like Ramirez might finally be warming to the idea.

“I have spoken with (manager Ozzie) Guillén and what we want is to win with the Marlins,” Ramirez told the Associate Press.

“When January arrives, we will see what will happen to change position and others. If it’s third, well, where I get to win, I will do it,” he said in a Spanish-language story you can read by clicking here.

Ramirez said his surgically-repaired left shoulder is 95-percent healed and that he expects to be ready for the season.

The story says that Ramirez also stressed he has a good relationship with Jose Reyes, who will play shortstop for the Marlins this year.

“Between Reyes and me there is no problem,” he said. “I respect him very much, he is a great person.”

The free-agent signings of Reyes and pitchers Mark Buehrle and Heath Bell highlighted the Marlins’ off-season.

“We are a few new Marlins, also a new Hanley,” Ramirez said.
    Is Marlins All Star Hanley Ramirez finally warming to the idea of third base?

We should trade him while he's in good spirits. That will teach him and everyone else.

Comment

“When January arrives, we will see what will happen to change position and others. If it’s third, well, where I get to win, I will do it,”
      What a fucking dick.

Comment

OzzieGuillen Ozzie Guillen
        Iam veru happy this morning when i read hanleys coment i tell u guis that ramirez is a good kid hope stay healty he will have a monster year
        OzzieGuillen Ozzie Guillen
        His talent is so good yes let him play leave him alone and produce
        Ozzie happy

Comment

veru happy
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

All is still not settled between Hanley Ramirez and the Miami Marlins

Ramirez seemed to indicate that he was willing to move from shortstop to third base in an interview with the Associated Press last Friday in the Dominican Republic.

The article, however, did not accurately reflect Ramirez’s sentiments, major-league sources say.

Ramirez’s stance remains unchanged, according to one source — he has a strong preference to remain at shortstop, but will handle the matter with the Marlins professionally.

The source said that Ramirez is expected to meet with club officials this week in Miami.

The Marlins want to move Ramirez to third to accommodate shortstop Jose Reyes, whom they signed to a six-year, $106 million free-agent contract in December.

Ramirez had not spoken publicly on the subject until the Associated Press reporter asked him about it after he took batting practice at Santo Domingo Stadium on Friday.

The reporter quoted Ramirez as saying, “I have spoken with (manager Ozzie) Guillen. What we want is to win with the Marlins. We will see what’s going to happen with the position switch and everything else. If it’s third base, OK. Wherever they put me to win, I’ll do it.”

Guillen, in turn, said Tuesday on Twitter, “I am very happy this morning when I read Hanley’s comments. I tell you guys that Ramirez is a good kid. (If) he stays healthy, he will have a monster year . . .His talent is so good yes, let him play, leave him alone and produce.”

Ramirez, 28, ultimately might have no choice but to accept a move to third. He is under contract through 2014, and the Marlins say they have no plans to trade him.
            Really stupid story. The bolded part says it all. If the bolded part is true, then this whole thing is irrelevant!
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM.
            poop

Comment

Where is that from?

Comment

Guis, guis I luv dis nuus

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Where is that from?
                  Duh...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...rd-base-010312

Ken Rosenthal. My bad.
                  poop

Comment

His own comments did not accurately reflect his feelings, according to sources. God I love how stupid faces won't let the go to easy narratives die.

Comment

I hate everything about this (besides Hanley's comments)

Comment

The sources are Dan Uggla.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

clarkspencer clarkspencer
                          Beinfest said "we've kept in contact with Hanley" and "we're just going to keep things between hanley and the ballclub."
                          twitter

Comment

Olney and Co will have a field day with this

Comment

jonmorosi Jon Morosi
                              Spoke with a friend of Hanley Ramirez’s who says Hanley is warming up to the idea of playing 3B alongside Jose Reyes. #Marlins

Comment

Working...
                              X