#Marlins sign Donnie Murphy to contract for 2012
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Oh, cool.

Comment

He's a gamer.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

I don't really want to make a whole new thread for this so I'll throw it in here.

The team is expected to tender its other arbitration-eligible players: Anibal Sanchez, Emilio Bonifacio, Chris Volstad, Edward Mujica and Juan Carlos Oviedo.
        Marlins trade Burke Badenhop

Comment

Surprised they are tendering Nunez(or whoever he is at the moment) and Volstad.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Not really. Volstad is currently the best option for the 5th starter spot and Oveido is a no-lose kind of situation; we either trade him or he stays on the restricted list where we don't have to pay him.

Comment

JCOviedo is tendered since if he's not cleared to return he won't be paid. It's smart business, worst case scenario they trade him for a bag of sox.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Well Murphy shores up a bench spot. His tender is probably really low (I'd say like $750k) so it's not that big of a deal even if he gets cut. Hopefully he agreed to a split deal just not to get cut but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  I thought there was 0% chance they would tender them

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                    Volstad is currently the best option for the 5th starter spot
                    If thats the case that is really sad.
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Shut up.
                      poop

Comment

Its more due to the fact that whatever they are paying him in arbitration is too much for a guy who history suggests will have at least one demotion due to poor performance.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

To bad he's out of options and won't get demoted unless the organization does not want him anymore.

Also shouldn't it be like 5A and 5B with Volstad and Leblanc. The only thing keeping volstad higher on the depth chart is he is out of options.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                            To bad he's out of options and won't get demoted unless the organization does not want him anymore.

Also shouldn't it be like 5A and 5B with Volstad and Leblanc. The only thing keeping volstad higher on the depth chart is he is out of options.
                            Volstad is not out of options. He was not in the minors the required 20 days in '09 and '10 to have an option used. Last year is a toss up since it was almost exactly 20 days so I'm not sure if that constitutes having an option used or not. Regardless, he still has at least 2 options left.

Comment

Ok then he's purely ahead because of cost. Either way based on performance they're on the same level.

Comment

Working...
                              X