• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Have I Missed

Haven't really seen anything since about 2 a.m. last night

What's happened with

Pujols:
    Why didn't we get him?!? I wanted him so bad
    Last I remember, we offered him something like 10/220 and ownership after he was done playing. But we're completely out on him now?

Buehrle:
    AWSM! He's who I wanted next, dat AL -> NL improvement jump most pitchers see makes me excited to find out what he can do. What was the break down on that?

Wilson and Fielder:
    What's going on here?

I need me some cliff notes! Way to many many pages to read

We don't know

Comment

Comment

I'm sorry to tell you, nny, but he's gone.

Newly-signed Orix Buffaloes player Lee Dae-ho, right, shake hands with his manager Akinobu Okada at the Westin Chosun Hotel in Busan, yesterday. [YONHAP]

Lee Dae-ho signs with Orix Buffaloes
        Slugger wants to prove Koreans can do well in Japan
        "전례 없던 일"… 日언론마저 '깜짝'
        Dec 07,2011

Korean slugger Lee Dae-ho said yesterday he decided to play in the Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) league because he wants to show top Korean players can succeed in Japan, announcing his signing with the Orix Buffaloes.

In a press conference held in his hometown Busan, Lee officially confirmed that he signed a two-year contract that is worth of 760 million yen ($9.7 million).

The 29-year-old will receive 200 million yen for signing and 250 million yen for his salary, with 30 million yen in incentives per year.

Lee’s contract is the best deal so far among Koreans who have played in the NPB. Lee Seung-yeop, who recently rejoined his former team, Daegu Samsung Lions, had a two-year contract worth 500 million yen when he signed with the Chiba Lotte Marines in 2004, while Kim Tae-kyun signed a three-year contract worth 700 million yen for the Marines in 2009.

Lee declared free agency in November after spending 11 seasons with the Busan Lotte Giants.

The Giants offered Lee a four-year contract worth 10 billion won ($8.8 million), but he said he rejected the offer because he wanted a challenge at a higher level.

“I’ve never thought I would play baseball for a different club than the Giants,” Lee said at the press conference that was attended by Orix manager Akinobu Okada and general manager Yoshio Murayama. “But as a man, I thought I need a challenge for myself and this was the time.”

Lee, a power batter listed at 194 centimeters (6 feet 5 inches) and 130 kilograms (286 pounds), was last year’s KBO MVP after dominating seven of the eight offensive categories, including homeruns, runs batted in (RBI) and batting average. The only title he missed that year was stolen bases.

This year, he was at the top in batting average (.357), hits (176) and on-base percentage (.433). In his 11 seasons with the Giants, Lee had a total .309 batting average with 225 home runs and 809 RBI.

“I wanted to show top Korean players can also do well in Japan,” Lee said. “I will show a heart-moving performance with fans’ support.”

Lee will be the 13th Korean ever to play in the NPB league and the sixth batter after Lee Jong-beom, Lee Seung-yeop, Lee Byung-kyu, Kim Tae-kyun and Lee Bum-ho. Currently, Tokyo Yakult Swallows closer Lim Chang-yong is the only Korean playing in NPB.

“I think you are just running away if you are afraid that some players have shown weak performance there,” Lee said.

By Joo Kyung-don [kjoo@joongang.co.kr]
        http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.c...px?aid=2945187
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

just read the last page of each thread, there's plenty of twitter updates for ya

Comment

Oh no! I love me some Lee Dat Ho!

Comment

You came just in time for NYY4EVERRRR

Comment

Todd has to S our D's
                *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

So much bad information out there hard to know who is right. Consensus seems to be we (still) have best offer for Pujols (10 years) and Wilson (6). Other than that, who knows.

Comment

We pulled the offer to Pujols, though.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Haven't really seen anything since about 2 a.m. last night

What's happened with

Pujols:
                      Why didn't we get him?!? I wanted him so bad
                      Last I remember, we offered him something like 10/220 and ownership after he was done playing. But we're completely out on him now?

Buehrle:
                      AWSM! He's who I wanted next, dat AL -> NL improvement jump most pitchers see makes me excited to find out what he can do. What was the break down on that?

Wilson and Fielder:
                      What's going on here?

I need me some cliff notes! Way to many many pages to read
                      I'll try a recap.

Pujols really didn't want to leave STL to begin with. His agent just used us to drive up the Cardinals offer. And, yes, we've been informed that we are out on Pujols.

We don't know the year by year breakdown on Buehrle's deal. All we know is it's 4 years/$58 million.

Wilson is down to the Angels and us but most executives believe the Angels are the favorite to land him. We just haven't withdrawn our offer because we don't want to give away the farm in a trade.

Seems like we are in on Fielder but we don't really have anything more specific than that.

Does that help?

Comment

Todd meant to add a 10 before the last 0 when calculating the percentage.

Comment

Oh, and Hanley may or may not be upset with Reyes making more than him and forcing him to move to third and we may or may not be looking to trade him.

Comment

Yeah the other threads were actually short but I looked at the Pujols thread first which was 10 pages and was like wtf.

But thanks for breakdown <3

Comment

10 pages?

do you have a lot of posts per page set up or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X