No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Mark Buerhle to 4 Year, $58 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Sheehan is absolutely convinced that we are trading everyone next year, apparently.

(He's been referencing Delgado numerous times over the last week or so.)
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Maybe they're worried they'll end up paying so much for Chris Volstad with more strikeouts (what he was in 2010).
      --------------------
      Of course he managed to put up the same WAR in 2010 as he did in 2011, so maybe I'm just an idiot.
      Well 2010 was odd because he was pretty mediocre for the Dbacks but pretty awesome for the ChiSox

Had a paltry 67% LOB rate in Arizona

Either way, he's the best SP on the market and would be a really solid 3 for this team

Comment

• He gave up 10.1 h/9 last year, had a 1.44 WHIP, .290baa, and his strikeout rate dropped 1.1/9 from 2010 and he still put up a 3.79era.

He confuses me.

Comment

• This could potentially really suck 2-3 years from now, no? A good year next year is essential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Rosenthal.

They must really be expecting revenue to go up in 14 and 15.
            -Well, the agreement with FOX/TBS is up in 2013
            -ASG in 2015 (People will lock their seats in)
            -Increased revenue from MLBN
            -Price increases from successful '12-'13

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              He gave up 10.1 h/9 last year, had a 1.44 WHIP, .290baa, and his strikeout rate dropped 1.1/9 from 2010 and he still put up a 3.79era.

He confuses me.
              His K rate dropped, so but so did his BB rate. His K/BB actually improved from 2.32 to 2.39 (basically a wash though). His HR/9 dropped as well from .90 to .72. If you regress his HR/FB to the mean I think he'll project more like his 3.73 xFIP last year than his 3.55 FIP. His 2011 3.79 ERA and 3.73 xFIP are nearly spot-on.

Comment

• Metes makes his rep as the funny guy everyone loves but when he wants to get his hands dirty, he can drop some knowledge with the best of them.

I'm impressed Metes.

Comment

• He goes all sabertron on us, it's so hot.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• you should see the words he uses with me in Hangin With Friends

soooo saberrrrrrr

Comment

• I'm a Sabrtooth Tiger

Comment

• Sabrtooth Tebow

Comment

Working...
                        X