Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Posada Interested in Marlins if Marlins Are Interested in Him

Jon Heyman

posada still would like to play if he can find right job. he lives in miami and would be like #marlins if theyd consider
    12 minutes ago
    https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/SI_Jon...17700936593409

No thanks

Comment

NO Thanks

Comment

JINX!!!!!!!!one111111111111

Comment

As a bench bat? Sure, why not? The guy OPSed .814 against right-handers last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
            As a bench bat? Sure, why not? The guy OPSed .814 against right-handers last season.

Agreed he would work ok in that capacity (if the $$$ was right).

I just don't like Posada. I've been watching him play for a long time and I don't like his demeanor. He always has that stupid ugly face thing going and he's always crying about something. I realize that this is my perspective and not how baseball decisions are made.

It would be for me if he was not on the Miami Marlins.

Comment

He is a tremendo complainer.

Comment

His uncle was my hitting coach when I was younger.

/random useless fact

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  His uncle was my hitting coach when I was younger.

/random useless fact
                  Useless facts are encouraged here at SoFLASucksDaBalls.com

I personally am a hugh fan of useless factoids

Comment

He had the coolest tee to hit off of. It was like a reversed vacuum engine that would blow out air and let the ball levitate in midair for you to hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                      I wouldn't mind it either, if we're talking its such a small monetary signing it doesn't effect any Reyes and SP plans. .269/.348/.466 is not bad at all, and you'd hope less wear and tear gets one more year out of him.

I would expect them to keep Hayes and Posada both active most of the time, and have Hayes prepped as a Doumit/Inge type and work him in at 2-3 other positions as a do everything guy so the team could pinch hit Posada without fear of losing the backup catcher.

Could work. They would still need to bring in two more bench bats though.

Comment

I like him as old guy off the bench.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Eh, I guess it makes sense if he will sign for the veteran minimum. If not, we would have quite a bit of cash tied up in a guy that will play the field maybe 20 times a season.
                          This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                          Edmonton Ice Bats
                          2007 Teal League Wildcard
                          2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                          2010 Teal League Wildcard
                          2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

If the money is right, come on down. If the money is wrong, then I am hoping this is a ruse.

Comment

Basically already stated, it all comes down to price. Personally I don't see Posada signing for an amount low enough to justify signing him. I just don't see him taking a salary near the veteran minimum.

Does anyone actually know what he is looking for salary wise?

And Posada caught a total of 6 innings last year and his only other position is first a position that doesn't need to be addressed.

Personally I'd rather look into bringing in Andruw Jones as an over the hill bat. He can actually fill a role other than pinch hitter which is much more valuable. In addition it's actually known he will sign a contract near the minimum whereas Posada is coming off a season he made 13mil and may just retire if not offered a high enough contract. You can figure Jones would accept a similar deal to his last of 1.5mil and he can still play all 3 outfield positions if need be.

Comment

Working...
                              X