No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Heath Bell to 3 year, $27 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me also say, that I do not believe signing Bell in any way hurts our payroll flexibility in going after Reyes and Buehrle. I think the FO has decided this is the trio for next year. Pujols doesn't want to come here and Cespedes is out of their price range. This is where the eggs are going.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post

Glad we go to Philly 4 times a year.
      God, fuck you.

Best case scenario, we have a lead going into the ninth in half of the games in Philly because they're really fucking good.

So you're saying we should avoid signing him because maybe he'll pitch in four or five games and possibly pitching poorly?

You suck so much.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
      Let me also say, that I do not believe signing Bell in any way hurts our payroll flexibility in going after Reyes and Buehrle. I think the FO has decided this is the trio for next year. Pujols doesn't want to come here and Cespedes is out of their price range. This is where the eggs are going.
      I almost think CJ is more likely than Beurhle, but the larger point remains.
      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 12-01-2011, 10:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
        That sample size is convincing.
        Well, I expected it to be around 24.21 based on mibs post

Comment

There was a fella with a great fu manchu who wore camo undershirts and had 40 saves and a 2.10 ERA for the Marlins as a 37 year old

If I had to pay 9 million for those stats, I would puke

Comment

-Don't get excited we're talking to free agents because we haven't signed them yet.
            -Don't get excited when we sign the free agents.

Summary: don't get excited

Comment

I'm excited as fuck. Deal w/ it.
              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

I find it utterly baffling how critical mibs is of other players. The way she is with Volstad, she fits more with the women who watch baseball for the asses and cute guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jOOj View Post
                    I'm excited as fuck. Deal w/ it.

Comment

I heard once there was a closer for the Yankees who put up 4 straight sub-2 ERAs from ages 37 to 41.

I doubt that's true though.

Comment

Heath's ass was mighty fine on that all-star game popup slide.
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

It's cool to see the franchise spend monday. Not a fan of spending that much on a closer, but Heath Bell is cool as hell and is not one for ruses.

Comment

There was a nice Asian gentleman who once put up 81 saves with a 1.95 ERA over three years for the Streetcar Dodgers of Los Angeles. He was ages 36-38 over those three years, WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT HE WAS

Comment

Nomo was his name-o!
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                                There was a nice Asian gentleman who once put up 81 saves with a 1.95 ERA over three years for the Streetcar Dodgers of Los Angeles. He was ages 36-38 over those three years, WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT HE WAS
                                Saito! I think?

Comment

Working...
                                X