No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Heath Bell to 3 year, $27 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madson has crabs remember? We asked him on a date and he turned us down. He didn't want to take our money. What a rotten whore.
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

WHERE ALL THE YOUNG CLOSERS AT

Comment

See you can't be happy. You can say you like it for this year but you can't fully say you like it. Why are you always Negative Nancy?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          See you can't be happy. You can say you like it for this year but you can't fully say you like it. Why are you always Negative Nancy?
          You mean to tell me that you're happy that we're going to be paying a 37 year old $9 million to be a closer?

Comment

His FB has averaged 94 for 2 seasons in a row as well. I'll be honest I thought he'd go for more than 9 per.

Comment

It's like rainnnnnnn, on Volstad'sssss day.

Comment

If he pitches like 37y/o Rivera or Hoffman, its a bargain.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                  You mean to tell me that you're happy that we're going to be paying a 37 year old $9 million to be a closer?
                  Not your money mibs.

Comment

I honestly don't give a fuck about 2014 right now. It's a win-now mentality so what he's going to do in three years is irrelevant.

Comment

There is no guarantee the 2014 Marlins are going to be as competitive as the 2012 squad.

Comment

Look, I have no problem with this deal for 2012. It's the back end of the deal that I don't like.
                        I hate this.

If you're going to dislike the deal, dislike it because it's stupid to pay 10% of your payroll for a guy who will pitch 5% of your innings.

But if you're on board with paying that much for a closer, then close your eyes and pick one of the two left who are essentially the same player. One is older, the other will be more expensive and will sign for longer. We're paying for his age 34-36 seasons. Madson is likely to sign until his age 34 or 35 season for $2-3 million more per year. It's not that big of a difference.

I dislike the signing because I dislike signing closers as free agents. It almost never works out well.
                        poop

Comment

By 2014, we may have traded everyone because we drew 24,000 a year in 2013.

I'll worry about 2014 when 2013 ends.

Comment

I would prefer if we didn't spend cash on a closer and that k/9 Bell posted in 2011 as a guy nearing his mid-30's is worrisome.

But I like that we went out and spent money on a guy we wanted. That part is cool.

Comment

Of course Jim Bowden had to ruin it with his stupidity.

JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
                              Marlins plan to non-tender Oviedo/Nunez after signing Bell according to source
                              Glad he "broke' that for us. Never would have thought that'd happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                                I would prefer if we didn't spend cash on a closer and that k/9 Bell posted in 2011 as a guy nearing his mid-30's is worrisome.
                                It could just be the result of pitching so few innings and having a bad week or two skewing the results. He saw no dip in his velocity, which bodes well.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X