No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Heath Bell to 3 year, $27 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I see what you're saying enenwhy. I didn't notice anyone removing Bell stats, I thought I just saw people doing some home vs. road comparisons.

Comment

• Yeah. Pretty sure no one "removed" anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
        No.

Being a Mibs is saying "Remove these stats and look, the player is a lot better than the full stats show!"

I'm showing that removing the same sample size that people removed for Heath Bell for Volstad shows Volstad improving greatly. But that's stupid, because Volstad is not that good, and they know that. So it's showing them to not do it for Bell (or any other player)

I hate it when people do it. I especially hate it when they KNOW it's dumb because they berate Mibs for it, but then do it themselves.
        Why do #'s from 2004-2006 matter when he (Bell) became a different/rather dominant reliever in 2007?

I only included the last three years in my last post. If you want to go last five years, that's fine. I don't think his whole career is relevant when evaluating him at this point.

If Volstad has a stretch of consecutive years pitching well/showing improvement, the fact he gave up 1956834589 home runs all these years will be less relevant, as well. The problem with Volstad is that he's been consistently mediocre, yet all mibs does is defend him. I don't really understand the analogy you're trying to make here.

Comment

• If I wanted to mibs this I would go to 06 where He got lit up in 3 games. But 06 isn't part of the question here. The discussion was on whether he was just pitching better in Petco than on the road. In 06 he was on the mets, he wasn't a closer and his home/road splits were just a complete outlier and unmantainable. He had given up 0 ER in 14.1 innings at home and 21 in 22.2 innings on the road in 2006. You can't just look at a career line to support the claim that Bell just pitches to his park in Petco because that simply is not the case.

Comment

• It's really pretty simple.

Since 2007, Heath Bell has a 2.69 ERA on the road in 174 innings.

That's not the greatest of sample sizes, but it's about as good as you're going to get from a reliever.

Comment

• I don't accept that

STOP HIDING THE NUMBERS

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Petco certainly helps all pitchers, but I don't understand those who say that he's been a product of Petco; home/road splits say otherwise.
                Who's saying this?

Comment

• Plenty of people.

Comment

• Here?

Comment

• Her?
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• He?
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• pretty sure chewie was making an Arrested Development reference there
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            Here?
                            Well, in this thread I was basically just responding to Nny. He mentioned that he doesn't really like what Bell's done outside of Petco in his career.

Comment

• Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                              Sources: Reyes deal with #Marlins does NOT include no-trade clause. Heath Bell passed physical, deal is official. #MLB
                              deal official

Comment

• I guess Heath Bell being the first domino may have been right, after all
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X