Got to Visit in Ballpark Tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to Visit in Ballpark Tonight...

Nice crowd came out tonight and the Marlins staff did a great job serving free burgers, etc. Got to give it up to the extra friendly staff and ushers as well. Felt like I was in another world with the non-stop "thank you for coming out's". Very Un-Miami like.

The stadium is just awesome, not a bad seat in the lower deck. The best feature though is the open concourses. You can just about watch the action from the concession line or as you exit the restroom. It's going to create a great experience as you walk throughout the park and not have to miss a minute of action.

If you are thinking about getting baseline reserved seats, I would suggest the 1st base side because the 3rd base side has very little to no view of the skyline at all if you are row 20 or below. I am on the 3rd base side, which is awesome but I actually like the 1st base is slightly better. Same section on the 1st base line actually felt closer to the dish, but I could be seeing things.

I have absolutely no idea how people are going to get out of those garages though all at the same time. Cars will have to back out while lines are heading out of the garage. It's going to be a disaster unless there is something I am missing ?
    Last edited by tr305; 11-17-2011, 08:03 PM.

Thank you for coming out.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Went on the 15th. We're on the 3rd base side in the 3rd row, right behind Loria's section. Kinda concerned about making sure that the net won't be in front of our seats. I wished they had marked home plate and the mound instead of guessing about where they will be. Stadium looks great and everyone was super friendly. If I remember, I will post pictures.
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

There is a big white barricade over home plate. You weren't looking hard enough. You could have also asked done of the friendly ushers there.

Comment

I thought home-plate was pretty visible:

(my seats )

Comment

Uhhhh Swift, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but your section doesn't have any chairs.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

"Seats" was all a ruse!

Comment

I wish I would have gone during a daytime tour. It's pretty dark in there and hard to get a decent perspective at night.

I'm worried big time regarding the parking garages.

Comment

I don't know what day you went, but there was nothing to denote homeplate when I visited. When asked, the ushers replied "About 45 feet from that white tube over there, I think."
                  This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                  Edmonton Ice Bats
                  2007 Teal League Wildcard
                  2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                  2010 Teal League Wildcard
                  2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

They must have returned them to save money for pujols

Comment

I sure as eph wouldn't want to park in the garages. Park a few blocks down the street on someone's lawn and skip the traffic.

Comment

I don't think the traffic will be bad once you exit them because you can fly right onto 95. I just don't see how all those cars needing to back out will be able to, with bumper to bumper traffic needing to exit the garage.

Comment

SO SKIP THE TRAFFIC OF THE PARKING GARAGE. Those carpetbaggers don't care that they're making the season ticketholders sit in horrible parking garage traffic

Comment

Key will be to leave in the 7th inning. You are going to find alot of this going on with the way these garages are set up.

Comment

Turn that key

Comment

Working...
                              X