Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.

Comment

Astrodome wasn't particularly large when compared to other stadiums of the day. Three Rivers, Veterans, Riverfront, Atlanta-Fulton, Arlington and some others were approximately the same size.
      poop

Comment

Arlington had many of the wind issues the current ballpark had when it first opened. Atlanta-Fulton was known as a launching pad because of the altitude.

Comment

In fairness, the Astrodome was originally quite a bit bigger. It compares quite closely to our park.
          poop

Comment

That's why I originally asked for 60s Astrodome!

Comment

I didn't realize the website I was using defaulted to it's final configuration.
              poop

Comment

Bob's on the Tweeter:

HRs last year.

Comment

So what you're saying is we won't have to endure the HR celebration much.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    So what you're saying is we won't have to endure the HR celebration much.
                    At first glance it would seem that way, but those in left field had to go over the tall wall, which the new park doesn't have even though it's farther out. Depends on the trajectory of the ball, but theoretically it could mean fewer home runs.

Comment

I think it's almost guaranteed to suppress HRs.
                      poop

Comment

The conditions in the ballpark will also be different - not as much humidity should allow the ball to fly farther by a couple more feet
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

Working...
                        X