No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would've liked it more if the sunglasses for the guy all the way to the left stopped on top of the sunglasses he has on his head
    --------------------
    Also, MH, that award is for Daft to determine. Butt out.
    Last edited by Beef; 12-16-2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Edwin says trolololol

Edwin Rodriguez: 'I don't think that was the right move to sign Jose Reyes.'

By Juan C. Rodriguez
      Sun Sentinel
      12:26 p.m. EST, December 21, 2011

Former Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez, who resigned from his post last June, questioned why the Marlins would sign an All-Star shortstop in Jose Reyes when they already had one in Hanley Ramirez. Rodriguez offered his observations during an interview with MLB Network Radio Wednesday with Jim Memolo and Todd Hollandsworth.

“I think it’s going to be [a] very interesting situation, to say the least,” Rodriguez said. “Knowing Hanley, he’s a very proud player. It’s going to be very hard for him to move out of shortstop. He’s a big league shortstop. He’s an All-Star shortstop. In my opinion I think they are going to have a tough time trying to convince him to move to third base. Even if he does that, move to third base, beginning of the season, I think it’s going to be very interesting to watch how everything develops, how Reyes takes the front pages and how the people start talking about the All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes. It will be very interesting to see how Hanley will handle all that. In my opinion I don’t think that was the right move to sign Jose Reyes. You already have an All-Star shortstop. Why spend money on another All-Star shortstop? Why not put the money in another player like Albert Pujols or somebody else, one front-line pitcher?”

Rodriguez did concede the Marlins might have the best shortshort-third base combination in baseball if Ramirez buys in.

“I would say he will be a very successful third baseman,” he added. “I think it will make him a better offensive player. If he wants to make that adjustment and commit to that new position I think that he will be a very solid third baseman. If he’s willing to do that – and I think the Marlins in that case are taking the right approach – if they move him to third base that left side of the field is going to be one of the best, if not the best, offensive production in the big leagues.”

Rodriguez next season will manage the Carolina Mudcats, the Cleveland Indians’ Double-A Southern League affiliate.
      http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...,4036570.story

Comment

• The last sentence made me lol.

Comment

• Correction, Juan. High-A, Carolina League affiliate. Fucking idiot.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• In my opinion I don’t think that was the right move to sign Jose Reyes. You already have an All-Star shortstop. Why spend money on another All-Star shortstop? Why not put the money in another player like Albert Pujols or somebody else, one front-line pitcher?”

“I would say he will be a very successful third baseman,” he added. “I think it will make him a better offensive player. If he wants to make that adjustment and commit to that new position I think that he will be a very solid third baseman. If he’s willing to do that – and I think the Marlins in that case are taking the right approach – if they move him to third base that left side of the field is going to be one of the best, if not the best, offensive production in the big leagues.”
            That's why.

Comment

• I do agree that I would rather have put that money in a big time pitcher, but there wasn't anyone out there that fit/was worth that money. Other than that, it sounds like sour grapes.

Comment

• He has become EdLOSE

Comment

• Edwin

Making sense. You're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Comment

• Whoever put that together has some awesome Photoshopping skills.

Comment

• Swag.
                        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• that's a real card from Topps right now

my buddy works there

could just be them playing around though

Comment

• That's impressive.

Comment

• sploosh

Comment