Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
    I have to wonder. In the event of an injury to Reyes, does Hanley move back, temporarily, to SS? The Yankees didn't do it with ARod, I'd be curious how we view our organizational depth chart at short.
    Do you think Ozzie prefers Bonifacio at SS or 3B

Comment

• Good point, but I'd also assume Bonifacio is our CF, I can't imagine moving him too.

Comment

• Petey could take over CF in that case. Did well in that role last season.

Comment

• Yeah I'm not for moving him back and forth.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• IF he doesnt wanna go to 3rd, and is an asshole about it, trading him is then validated. Just saying, hypothetically.

Comment

• But he isn't against it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                Good point, but I'd also assume Bonifacio is our CF, I can't imagine moving him too.
                I can. They'd do that in a heartbeat and play Coghlan/Petersen in CF. Bonifacio's job is to play everywhere. It just happens to be CF right now. I don't see why that changes just because he is penciled in for 120 CF starts. Also, I don't think they will be bringing in a SS/3B backup that profiles better than Coghlan/Petersen in CF. They are better than Dobbs (who I believe they still have a contract offer out for). Coghlan can hit RHP and Petersen has shown he can hit and field a little bit (and has decent LHP splits, sample size but its all we have to work with). Those two aren't a bad situation as is and why the Marlins need to keep both of them so Bonifacio can remain "play everywhere guy" even while starting.

I'm just not sure if they would move Hanley to SS. My gut would be no, as Reyes would inevitably come back and Hanley needs to recognize he is not a very good SS and should be thankful he has not been exiled to the outfield like Soriano and the Uptons.

So final answer is Hanley 3B, Bonifacio SS, platoonsville CF. There is absolutely nothing SS wise in the minors, and I'd suspect they target two veteran minor league SS for NOLA.

Comment

• if, jesus christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
                    if, jesus christ.
                    Where is the if in this instance. They've already reported that Hanley OK'd the move to 3rd why bring up the subject then?

Comment

• Stanley is a douche. If he gives the organization a hard time, I hope they put the prima donna on the first flight to Kansas City/Pittsburgh/[insert comparable turd dump of a baseball city here]

Comment

• jaysonst Jayson Stark
                        #Marlins people are saying it's still possible Hanley could move to CF. But source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play 3B.
                        jaysonst Jayson Stark
                        #Marlins people are saying it's still possible Hanley could move to CF. But source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play 3B.
                        jaysonst Jayson Stark
                        jaysonst Jayson Stark
                        jaysonst Jayson Stark
                        jaysonst Jayson Stark

Comment

• Marlins people are saying it's still possible Hanley could move to CF. But source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play 3B.

Marlins people are saying it's still possible Hanley could move to CF. But source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play 3B.

Marlins people are saying it's still possible Hanley could move to CF. But source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play 3B.

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• A little birdie tells me that while the Marlins believe it's still possible Hanley could move to CF, a source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play third base.

A little birdie tells me that while the Marlins believe it's still possible Hanley could move to CF, a source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play third base.

A little birdie tells me that while the Marlins believe it's still possible Hanley could move to CF, a source close to Hanley says he's already agreed to play third base.

Comment

• Let's wait until we hear from Hanley before we tell people to GTFO because some source said Hanley was ok with it. That same source has said he has preferred SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
                                Let's wait until we hear from Hanley before we tell people to GTFO because some source said Hanley was ok with it. That same source has said he has preferred SS.
                                No thanks. That would be too reasonable an approach.

Comment

Working...
                                X