• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    in a shocking turn of events, Maury Brown thinks this deal is "insane"
    Maury Brown appearance in 3...2...1...

Comment

• Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I suppose I will have to like Reyes now instead of not liking him. I remember I once got a baseball game and Jose Reyes was the cover athlete so I wrote "I <3 cock" in a speech bubble emanating from his mouth, but I guess it's too late to apologiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeee aaaaayyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Sounds like he'll be introduced on Wednesday.
          --------------------
          I love that some on Phillies forums are talking about how they can trade for Hanley now.
          --------------------
          The sadness of a Mets fan:

As a Mets fan, Im not surprised at all. Nor am I terribly upset. That deal is way to big for us to take on, especially since we wont contend with ow w/o him.

Now, I will be booing the **** out of Reyes whenever the Marlins play the Mets. I hope he ****ing sucks. The fact that he is going to a team playing in the most populated latino city in America which is extremely close to his homeland, has a latino manager and a **** load of spanish ball players just pisses me off more then anything (that and he's going to a division foe). I just feel like the latino thing played a huge roll honestly. I have been going to Mets Spring Training last 4 years-the only people on the team Reyes talks to and is seen hanging out with are the spanish guys. Miami did not have to pay this much, dumb move by them. Mets wouldn't even go over 5/85mil.

....im not racist.
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-05-2011, 10:14 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We don't really have a ton of Latin players. Just Hanley, Bonifacio, Infante, and a couple pitchers (Anibal and Mujica). You can maybe count Gaby and Ricky but they were both born in the US. But he's a Mets fan so I get that he doesn't know our roster that well.

Comment

• Less than 30 percent of players in MLB are hispanic.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• ehe

....im not racist

Comment

• That was my favorite part too Beef!

Comment

• That was about the only reason I posted it.
                    --------------------
                    Joelsherman1 Joel Sherman
                    #Mets continue to insist desire to keep Reyes was real and would have gone 5-$90M in end game with 6th-yr opt take over $100M (cont)
                    I guess they can say that now but who knows if that was actually going to happen.
                    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-05-2011, 11:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      As in crazy good, right?
                      This is not Maury's M-O

Comment

• joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                        Looks like #Marlins will announce Jose Reyes this week in Dallas. I'm told he has a room at The Hilton Anatole
                        twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          We don't really have a ton of Latin players. Just Hanley, Bonifacio, Infante, and a couple pitchers (Anibal and Mujica). You can maybe count Gaby and Ricky but they were both born in the US. But he's a Mets fan so I get that he doesn't know our roster that well.
                          Bonifacio
                          Ramirez
                          Infante
                          G. Sanchez
                          Stanton (half)
                          A. Sanchez
                          Sanabia
                          Nolasco
                          Mujica
                          Ceda
                          Caminero
                          Benjamin
                          Reyes
                          Pujols
                          Gio

15 out of 40 on the 'active roster' ain't bad (though, for the record, I'm pretty sure the Mets do not have any Spanish players)
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                            Bonifacio
                            15 out of 40 on the 'active roster' ain't bad (though, for the record, I'm pretty sure the Mets do not have any Spanish players)
                            Johan Santana?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                              the worlds largest golf ball!

My grandfather and uncle helped build it

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hanram View Post
                                Johan Santana?
                                Johan Santana is from Venezuela. He's as Spanish as you are English.
                                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                                - Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X