Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffPassan Jeff Passan
    If you're going to overpay, you overpay for upside. Offering $111M for Jose Reyes is a bold move by the Marlins, and I like it. A lot.
    JeffPassan Jeff Passan
    @JCRMarlinsbeat Ha! And @LeBatardShow said I couldn't praise them. I love the move. If Reyes stays healthy, it's great signing at good price
    newest fish fan?

Comment

• If say we signed CJ Wilson, just thinking out loud and then they trade Nolasco, what do you fellas think the return could be? We still need more pitching.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Well my seats became much more valuable. :D

Comment

• It really depends on how the other team views him. He could be viewed as a number two/three or as a guy who has been a "bust" and isn't worth much.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by jOOj View Post
            If say we signed CJ Wilson, just thinking out loud and then they trade Nolasco, what do you fellas think the return could be? We still need more pitching.
            probably not much, Nolasco blows

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              Mibs you having an office party?
              Tryig. We close in 20 minutes and I still have so much to do.

Comment

• Addition by subtraction then. I'm just worried about the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation. Yes a trifecta of Johnson, Sanchez and one of the lefties would be super, but it takes five to jive.
                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• I pray to Jebus that Nolasco gon stop sucking.
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                    Tryig. We close in 20 minutes and I still have so much to do.
                    Word

Comment

• I'm supposed to be writing player updates on the Browns' game. BOOOO
                      poop

Comment

• Signing a pitcher and moving Nolasco seems counterproductive since they still need 2 other SP.

Nolasco had a 3.5 WAR last year, Buerhle had a 3.4. Pretty interesting when you think about that. Nolasco would just got rocked by San Diego and Colorado for 20 ER in 4+ innings two atrocious starts. Other than that, he was pretty good most of the time. Crazy outliers.

I'm really not opposed to a Johnson, Buerhle/CJ, Anibal, Nolasco, and Volstad rotation, with that bullpen and LeBlanc/Sanabia/Hand in AAA.

Additionally, I'd assume Dominguez turns into some sort of AA or higher SP prospect, and James hopefully turns a corner.

That's not a bad staff. A little injury prone which is scary, but what staff can't say that.

Comment

• We gon lead the majors in triples and coolness.

Comment

• Uh oh:

Not that Ramirez is necessarily pleased with the development. His agent would not comment Sunday night.

Comment

• So the fact his agent was probably busy means Hanley isn't pleased? Oh.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• There's no uh oh here

Comment

Working...
                                X