No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It didn't seem there was a big market for Reyes to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
      Hanley, Stanton, Morrison Improving/Not Slumping > Heyward, Prado and Uggla Improving/Not Slumping.

Fair enough. But that is 3 of 8 lineup spots, care to add catcher and center field into the conversation? At that point you should begin to realize that from top to bottom, a healthy Atlanta offense is likely the best in the division.

Comment

• I want to rep every post in this thread.
        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• strange how the reports came out today about reyes' agents meeting with the brewers and the fish locking him up so quickly...leverage move to get them over 100?....great day to be a marlins fan

Comment

• Bourn is better than Boni but not that much better if Boni plays the way he did. McCann is obviously going to beat almost any catcher out there.

Comment

• Please do, Kaydge. I need the rep points from my stupidity lately.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• not to toot my own horn but I did a pretty nifty top 7 list on twitter
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Definitely thought I read something like 25 pages ago that said that Hanley and Jose are not boys and that this wouldn't be good for team chemistry.

I hope this is still not the case!

Comment

• I might gon have to get a Reyes t-shirt jersey.
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Feminine cut to showcase your moobs.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        Definitely thought I read something like 25 pages ago that said that Hanley and Jose are not boys and that this wouldn't be good for team chemistry.

I hope this is still not the case!
                        Even though Hanley is Reyes's daughter's godfather
                        --------------------
                        the hwole godfather thing must be a ruse
                        Last edited by emkayseven; 12-04-2011, 09:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                          It's silly to say A-Gon's replacement will put up "much better numbers" than A-Gon because you have no clue who the hell is replacement even is yet and it's silly to say for sure that Heyward will bounce back considering he's only been in the league for two years and has virtually no track record.

Go around baseball and ask every GM whose lineup they would take. I can pretty much guarantee you that they'd all say the Marlins.
                          I will agree with the heyward statement, he could be a bust for the rest of his career. Personally, I don't think that is likely. But perhaps you didn't see just how awful agon was. Practically anyone could fill in for him and put up better numbers. When I said "much better", a .250/.300/.400 line would suffice as "much better" than what agon did. and it isn't crazy to think that a pastornickey/simmons combo next year could put up that kinda of slash line.

Comment

• Originally posted by MK7 View Post
                            Even though Hanley is Reyes's daughter's godfather
                            --------------------
                            the hwole godfather thing must be a ruse
                            I'll never get over that whole line

"Hanley is the godfather of Reyes' daughter but their relationship isn't as close as many believe it to be."

Comment

• FIRST YOU MAKE ME YOUR KIDS GODFATHER AND NOW THIS!? FUCK YOU.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• payroll is in the $92-95mil range according to lou via cellular device

Comment

Working...
                                X