X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehe

@DickieV
    Dick Vitale
    With a new stadium this would be a big big plus 4 this franchise.#GRANDSLAM http://t.co/9rk3sfmL
    https://twitter.com/#!/DickieV/statu...14763221663744

Comment

Heyman is reporting that the Brewers have made Reyes their #1 target due to the way the Fielder talks have progressed.

Comment

"Confirmation"
        SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
        jose reyes' meeting with marlins is indeed wednesday. (@MikeFrancesaYES first mentioned a meeting)
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Read in one of the NY papers today (I think the Post) that the Marlins are expected to wait on Reyes until after the Pujols/Fielder situations resolve.

The same article also speculated that we'd possibly trade Hanley for rotation help, so I assume it's all a bunch of malarky.

Comment

Why would we call him at 12:01 am and then just wait until the other players on the market are signed?

I really think Reyes is target #1. He is a Beinfest guy and his contract will look better on the books.

Comment

Don't listen to the NY Post.

We went to NY on Thursday and called about Reyes at 12:01 AM to show interest.. Maybe they even met with his agent in NY? Now we are meeting again with him tomorrow, most probably to offer him a contract, and they think we are waiting around for Pujols/Fielder? Come on man.

We are fine with Gaby at first, and now we will be able to ship out Dominguez, since our 3B position is well taken care of. Wooooopeeeeeee!

Comment

Hi all,

I've frequented other message boards in the past, but after becoming disappointed with the lack of Marlins-related news and discussions on those sites, I looked for a place like this. Very glad I found it!

And wow! This is an exciting time to be a Marlins fan!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                    Hi all,

I've frequented other message boards in the past, but after becoming disappointed with the lack of Marlins-related news and discussions on those sites, I looked for a place like this. Very glad I found it!

Welcome to the board. Post early and post often.

Follow us: https://twitter.com/#!/SoFlaMarlins

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                      Why would we call him at 12:01 am and then just wait until the other players on the market are signed?

I really think Reyes is target #1. He is a Beinfest guy and his contract will look better on the books.
                      I more or less agree with you, to the extent that we legitimately like him and he's not a true plan 'C' but I feel as if it's at least somewhat worthwhile to add to the ever growing news cycle.

FWIW, I would expect the Marlins to have done/be doing their due diligence on Pujols now. I cannot imagine we'd get involved in a bidding war, but I would imagine that, given our repeatedly reported desire to make a 'splash', Pujols is #1 until he tells us that our best offer isn't going to cut it.

The other thing we don't know is the context of the conversations. The only thing that can be taken with absolute certainty is that the Mets have been told by Reyes that he is not giving the Mets a hometown discount and wants further assurances about their commitment to winning for the life of his contract. It's entirely possible the Marlins engaged him in the manner they did not with their best offer but rather to see how flexible he'd be willing to be if our plan 'A' came together.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMendozaLine View Post
                        Hi all,

Welcome aboard, sir

Comment

I just read on Marlins Nation group on FB the Marlins have agreed to a deal with Reyes that should be finalized tomorrow!

Comment

I'd wait on a more legit source to break that kind of news.

Comment

we did it

Comment

Originally posted by Marlins11 View Post
                                I just read on Marlins Nation group on FB the Marlins have agreed to a deal with Reyes that should be finalized tomorrow!
                                yea, don't pay attention to that crap

Comment

Working...
                                X