No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading between the lines of what my source just told me ( Ramp ) I'll say it's 4-20.
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      I am high (in an airplane en route to Amsterdam)

I have no idea on money or years. Gun to my head 3-4 @ $22mil per

That would be a lot per year, but probably the only way he signs a short term deal.

Comment

• Would only be 2 more per year than what most believe he will sign for anyway. I think it's important to keep the deal under 5 years.

Comment

Would only be 2 more per year than what most believe he will sign for anyway. I think it's important to keep the deal under 5 years.
          Definitely.

I cant wait for the GM meetings Tuesday & Wednesday, hopefully we get some good action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            Tuesday would be a great day. He needs to sign on the day Tijuana Flats does two tacos and a drink for $4.99.
            everything is even better with a taco or two

Comment

• Originally posted by @JCRMarlinsbeat
              Guessing longer sessions with the sports psychologist RT @metsfaninCA what would happen to Hanley if Marlins do sign Reyes?
              What a turd.
              poop

Comment

• Never tell me the odds!
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I am high (in an airplane en route to Amsterdam)

I have no idea on money or years. Gun to my head 3-4 @ $22mil per
                  you can't say gun on an airplane dude
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• KBurkhardtSNY Kevin Burkhardt
                    baseball source tells me Marlins VERY confident on signing Reyes. He is the centerpiece of their entire offseason. Nothing yet, though.
                    KBurkhardtSNY Kevin Burkhardt
                    Hanley Ramirez is fine moving for Reyes. Don't be shocked if Hanley is the opening day CF, not 3B if Reyes does sign there. #Mets #Reyes
                    https://twitter.com/#!/KBurkhardtSNY

Comment

• All show

Comment

• I think that was just Burkhardt interjecting his own theory but I posted it more because of the "Hanley is fine moving for Reyes".

Mets fans are all over him on twitter wondering why the hell Reyes would go to the Marlins. Watching Mets fans get angry never gets old.

Comment

• none of this is real to me until Ramp gets quoted as a baseball source on that twittermathingy

Comment

• I'm with Sandro. Not a fan of Hanley in CF when there's an available Bonertron
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                              It wouldn't make sense to put Hanely in CF IMO
                              Why not?

I'm actually more of a fan at using Hanley in cf over 3b and keeping Doming. Infield defense would be amazing compared to years past especially when Pujols decides to sign here.(Ride the pipe dream as long as possible) That would be a defensive upgrade at 3 of positions on the infield. Maybe it is because I am high on Doming while everyone else isn't. But if someone wants to do some calculations; with GG defense what does a guy on third need to OPS for a 1 WAR?

Comment

• He won't have to hit much for 1 WAR, but why do we want to settle on 1 WAR?

Comment

Working...
                                X