X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      Morrison has ridiculous potential to be not quite good enough to be a perennial all-star.
      Didn't realize you had to be a perennial all-star to be a very valuable player.

Comment

• You do when you're keeping him rather than trading him for a cost-controlled front line starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          You do when you're keeping him rather than trading him for a cost-controlled front line starter.
          Not sure if I'd say Gonzalez is a "front-line" starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
            Understood, but I'd rather keep Morrison and just sign Buerhle. We're talking about a guy who has ridiculous potential as a hitter here, and I think he ends up being more valuable than Gonzalez in the long run.
            He's a dreadful LF with no real signs of improvement from year 1 to year 2, so that's going to really hurt his value. He has to put up .870 OPS yearly in order to be a 3-WAR player.

He was hurt by a low BABIP, but helped a lot by a probably unsustainable 18% HR/FB rate. I don't think he's that good of a power hitter. I think he's going to be an excellent player, but there are some things he really needs to improve on in order to be an elite hitter, and he has to be an elite hitter to match Gonzalez's value.

Also "Keep Morrison and Sign Buerhle" costs you $50-60 million over the next 4 years. Gio probably costs 1/2 of that, less if you buy him out. That's not insubstantial.
            poop

Comment

• He's also just the worst

Comment

Two straight years of finishing 10th in the AL in ERA+. That's pretty cool.
                poop

Comment

• OMG MIBS

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    He also is tied for the league lead in not being sent to Triple-A for being a total douche.

Something Morrison can't say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      I'm still getting accustomed to sabermetrics, but isn't the 3.64 FIP last year nothing more than solid?

Comment

• A solid SP is worth more than a solid LF

Comment

• I probably should have mentioned that I am assuming we move LoMo to 1st very soon.

Comment

I'm still getting accustomed to sabermetrics, but isn't the 3.64 FIP last year nothing more than solid?
                            23rd in baseball amongst SP with at least 200 IP. He's pretty damned awesome.
                            poop

Comment

His only real Achilles heel I see is the BB rate, but I love the K rate and if he can post a solid mid-3 FIP, he'll be successful in this ballpark. He's definitely a solid #2

Comment

I probably should have mentioned that I am assuming we move LoMo to 1st very soon.
                                The problem with this is, as stated earlier, Gaby probably doesn't have much value in a trade. So you're not going to get a good return on him. So now you're basically punting a 3 WAR player.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X