Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Arbitration Primer

Hey, y'all.

I'm writing for FishStripes.com now, and my first piece, An Abritration Primer is up now. Check it out, won't you?

It's just a preview of who our arbitration eligible players are. I'm going to be doing comps and previews for them all in the next few weeks, so bookmark the site so I won't spam here.

Here's how I rank our arbitration eligible players:

The list of 2012 club-controlled, arbitration eligible players for the Marlins looks like this, rank in rough order of importance moving forward:

Tier 1

Anibal Sanchez (Year 3)

Tier 2

'Leo Nunez'* (Year 3)

Edward Mujica (Year 2)

Emilio Bonifacio (Year 1)

Tier 3

Chris Coghlan (Year 1)

Chris Volstad (Year 1)

Burke Badenhop (Year 2)

Tier 4/Possible non-tender candidates

John Baker (Year 1)

Clay Hensley (Year 2)

Donnie Murphy (Year 1)
    poop

What's FishStripes?

Comment

SBNation's Marlins blog.
      poop

Comment

Is Craig the guy from mb.com?

Comment

I don't know. But Craig is no longer there.
          poop

Comment

Oh, I see. You are the new Craig. I clicked on it. I will not be liking you for a while for directing me to that place.

Comment

You don't like me already, but thanks for the feedback.
              poop

Comment

Did the Super2 lists come out?

I'm fairly certain Coghlan was put on the MiLB DL and it's going to cause him to "just" miss it, i.e. club controlled tender around $600k meaning he will be worth to keep around and see if he rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Did the Super2 lists come out?

I'm fairly certain Coghlan was put on the MiLB DL and it's going to cause him to "just" miss it, i.e. club controlled tender around $600k meaning he will be worth to keep around and see if he rebounds.
                  http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...wo-status.html

I guess he's not arbitration eligible, then. Looks like I need to make an edit.
                  poop

Comment

Yea, it was weird because he was originally put on the MLB DL, rehabbed for awhile, then activated, then optioned right back to the minors without ever leaving the minors. It ceased the day count at some point and I vaguely remember when I did the math a few months ago, it looked like he was going to be 3-4 weeks short. I think he will be around 2.090 service time when the numbers come out.

I'm real confident he isn't a Super2. Just saying. I look forward to seeing the rest!
                    --------------------
                    That's also the highest Super2, 2.147, cut off I have seen in years. Teams are playing their youth significantly more which is kind of cool. Maybe the Marlins could have brought up Coghlan for September.
                    Last edited by lou; 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I repped you my comment before you made this topic. I enjoyed your blog post though, and will try to keep checking back.
                      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Working...
                      X