Ballpark Location and Population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark Location and Population

This was discussed several months back (and CC made nifty graphics) but Maury Brown prepared a graphic of population surrounding parks around the league. Makes for some interesting figures. Important to note that these numbers are from the 2000 census, before the building boom downtown. Not surprisingly, Sun Life is more centrally located to the greatest amount of people.

Would LOVE to see these figures taking traffic and driving times into account.

Linky

Someone light the Maury Brown signal.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I also prepared a graphic of PM traffic flow:

Black dots are the two stadiums. Red dots are major interchanges. Red means guaranteed heavy traffic.
      Last edited by Party; 10-12-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I live near hell!

It's never bad when I drive there, but that's because I work funky hours.
        poop

Comment

The Golden Glades Interchange is Hell!!! mostly because of how confusing all the ramps are. Add traffic and it makes things 100 times worse. There is little room and time to move into your lane. If you haven't done it before you'll be forced to jump on a ramp that takes you to Cuba when you wanted to go to Canada.

Comment

Yeah, my wife has only been driving for about a year, so it always makes me super nervous when she has to drive on there.

I've got it down by now, though.
            poop

Comment

I just fork to the left unless there is an airplane on the road.
              Last edited by Beef; 10-12-2011, 09:51 PM. Reason: spoon

Comment

I like that my house is located outside of the civilization boundary. There really is nothing by me but lots of bugs and high schoolers who cut through the side of the house everyday. That is going to be one heck of a trip down to the new park, maybe I should rethink a 41 game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                  This was discussed several months back (and CC made nifty graphics) but Maury Brown prepared a graphic of population surrounding parks around the league. Makes for some interesting figures. Important to note that these numbers are from the 2000 census, before the building boom downtown. Not surprisingly, Sun Life is more centrally located to the greatest amount of people.

Would LOVE to see these figures taking traffic and driving times into account.

Linky
                  As we already know, census data shows that the full time population of Downtown Miami increased 68% between 2000 and 2010.

A new demographic study reveals more details about the new residents.

Highlights:

Area: Downtown Miami
                  Size: Less than 4 square miles
                  Rate: Population increase of 68% between 2000-2010 (census: year round residents only)
                  Where: Brickell gained the most (44%)
                  Income: 38% higher than citywide Miami
                  Employment: Mostly white collar. 23% Professionals, 20% managers/exec/finance

Source: Focus Real Estate Advisors/Goodkin consulting, as published in MTN

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1455546

Comment

Working...
                  X