Closer Juanky "Leo Nunez" Oviedo Suspended by Marlins; May be in Camp Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closer Juanky "Leo Nunez" Oviedo Suspended by Marlins; May be in Camp Soon

Closer Leo Nunez has been placed on Major League Baseball’s restricted list and suspended by the Marlins for undisclosed reasons, a source said told The Miami Herald on Thursday.

“I can’t yet comment,” said Nunez’s agent, Andy Mota. “This is very recent. I don’t want to say anything at all.”

Nunez, who ranks seventh in the National League with 36 saves, was on his way to the Dominican Republic and not with the Marlins, who were headed for Milwaukee.
    Closer Leo Nunez suspended by Florida Marlins, leaves country

He killed a guy

Comment

Finally, they did something interesting

Comment

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

What the eff?
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

@joecapMARLINS: Leo Nunez news 1st reported by Miami Herald. I'm told #Marlins players, staff r stunned. They're on way to Milwaukee
            /Twitter

Comment

Alright

Comment

I thought they'd have said "yeah, we expected this."

Comment

@JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins closer Leo Nunez placed on restricted list. NOT a discipline issue.
                  /Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                    He killed a guy
                    Ruh roh?

Comment

I'll guess roids.
                      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

The Marlins on Wednesday placed closer Leo Nunez on the restricted list for a non-baseball issue. He will miss the club’s remaining six games.

Unlike the Mike Cameron situation, a source familiar with Nunez’s case said this was not a disciplinary response by the Marlins or Major League Baseball for inappropriate behavior. The Marlins through a club spokesman confirmed Nunez was placed on the restricted list and that he returned to his native Dominican Republic to handle a personal matter.

Earlier this month the Marlins released Cameron for conduct detrimental to the team after he engaged in a verbal altercation with a flight attendant on the team’s charter. They also demoted Logan Morrison last month for reasons beyond his on-field performance.

Another source refused to specifically discuss Nunez’s issue, but added the matter could not be resolved before season’s end and it probably would not impact his 2012 season. Nunez is arbitration-eligible one more time before qualifying for spring training. As of two months ago, the Marlins without any better in-house closer options, were prepared to bring back Nunez next season.
                        Sun-Sentinel
                        Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Be a little more vague! Sheesh, did he kill someone? Is he on teh d0pe? Did Chaz inspire him to be who he was meant to be and finally become a woman? ANSWERS. I needem.
                          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

only one more year until he's eligible to come to spring training, though! Gotta love that great reporting
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Eligible for spring training? That's amazing!

Comment

Working...
                              X