Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will agree with Festa.

Comment

If any jersey is retired, it should be Luiy's. But none will be.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

He played roughly 3 1/5 full seasons worth of games with us. yes, that includes the partial seasons fo 94-95, but I still don't think 500+ games is jersey retirement worthy.
        poop

Comment

The Padres get crap for retiring Steve Garvey's number and he played more games in San Diego than Sheffield did down here. If Sheffield gets into the Hall of Fame as a Marlin, than yes, it has to be retired.

For me, Luis is more deserving but I would have to be convinced. Right now, I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Don't retire a number just for the sake of having a number retired.

He's not in the top 10 in games played, he's 10th in PAs, and he's 8th in career WAR.

I know he was the team's first superstar, but I don't think he's worth retiring. I don't think we have anyone who's number is.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-10-2011, 04:38 PM.
            poop

Comment

I vote no for retiring Sheff's #

We'll be retiring Stanton's jersey way down the road.

Comment

Closing Day!... Whoe's Going?

So its bitter sweet and im really gonna miss it. but, florida marlins become miami marlins in NOV. as we all know and i really wanna see a packed house on a wednesday, @4:10 against the nationals....just the true fans will be theyre i guess.

anyway....whoes going? im FINNA be there

Comment

I want to go to the last game but it will most likely be SO FUCKING HOT so I'm not sure

I would def go if it was a 7:05 game

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    I want to go to the last game but it will most likely be SO FUCKING HOT so I'm not sure

I would def go if it was a 7:05 game
                    Club level is always cool.

Comment

Day games in club level are indeed bearable. Definitely worth extra cost to not die of heat stroke.

There are certain parts of the world where the weather has already started cooling off for fall.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                      X