September Call-ups Might Not Get Much Playing Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Call-ups Might Not Get Much Playing Time

In need of an additional starter for Friday’s game against the Phillies, manager Jack McKeon did not rule out using Ricky Nolasco on short rest. Nolasco is pitching the second game of Monday’s doubleheader. Rosters can expand starting Thursday, but McKeon didn’t sound too anxious to use anyone from the minors.

“If you call them up, where are you going to play them?” McKeon said. “It’s difficult to take some of these guys out of the lineup that have been doing a real good job. The way we are right now, I’d like to put as many wins on this ball club on the record going into that new stadium than just having a tryout camp. I don’t think it would be fair to the other 25 guys on this team that have battled through this adversity.”
    Front office summit to take place this week in New York

I don't agree with McKeon here. Wins won't matter at this point. The tickets are selling.

Comment

Sounds like at least 1 September call-up will get a start for this Friday. Nolasco is pitching Saturday and Anibal is going Sunday. After Friday, I guess we'll stash the extra starter in the bullpen until the double header in Philly on September 15th when we need the extra starter. Best guess is that it will be Hand since Friday is his next day to start on regular rest.
      Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-31-2011, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I hope Dominguez gets a call-up.

Comment

I'm really glad that Petersen is getting no playing time.

Because we have to start Mike Cameron. Need the veteran leadership for those wins that we're not even getting.

Comment

RHP Sandy Rosario was called up

Comment

Sounds like Rosario will probably make the Friday night start.

Comment

Hey it's someone diff.. Should of just called up our 1st rd pick and see what happens.

Comment

I'm just hoping he throws batting practice like he did last year; it was fun to watch.

Comment

Brad Hand will start on Friday

Comment

The question becomes what FO we do with Hand after Friday? I'm assuming we stash him in the bullpen until the 15th when we needs another starter for that double header. Or are we going to put Hensley back in the bullpen until then? Guess this is what Jack meant by wondering what to do with them when they get here.

Comment

Matt Dominguez is a "likely candidate" to be recalled by the Marlins once Triple-A New Orleans' season ends on Monday.
                        Hope he learns to fly, or hit.
                        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                        X