Marlins Beat the Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Beat the Phillies

The highest paid reliever in franchise history did not close it.

Wintastic.

Sent from my e-smuggin' iPhone.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Cishek pitched like Nunez, but since he's not Nunez, we're gonna pretend it was better.
      Last edited by HUGG; 08-26-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I didn't say he was great tonight. Just saying that Nunez did not close it.

Also, we can say that Cishek is better because he's been better this year. Because unlike Nunez, he doesn't give up HR's like it's awesome to do so.

But yeah, the real save was probably the job that Mujica did in the 8th tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          I didn't say he was great tonight. Just saying that Nunez did not close it.

Also, we can say that Cishek is better because he's been better this year. Because unlike Nunez, he doesn't give up HR's like it's awesome to do so.

But yeah, the real save was probably the job that Mujica did in the 8th tonight.
          Solid logic.

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
            Solid logic.
            It seriously does not take much to be better than Leo Nunez. We're not talking about a good reliever who's just so happened to struggle this year.
            Last edited by Erick; 08-26-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Cishek's been a pretty nice low leverage guy for us

in his 5 save opps, opponents are hitting .333/.375/.467 off him

small, small sample size, but doubt he's the answer

Comment

Do you think any team would take Steve Cishek over Leo Nunez right now? If they had the choice...

Comment

contracts included? I'm sure several would

Comment

Do you think any team would take Steve Cishek over Leo Nunez right now? If they had the choice...
                    Yeah, I'm sure every team would right now.

If they don't, they should probably fire the GM.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Cishek's been a pretty nice low leverage guy for us

in his 5 save opps, opponents are hitting .333/.375/.467 off him

small, small sample size, but doubt he's the answer
                    I don't think he's the answer to close either. He doesn't really have an out pitch for left-handed hitters.

It's not silly to think that he'll end up having a better career than Leo Nunez, though.

Leo Nunez has made it pretty clear that he's not the answer, either.
                    Last edited by Erick; 08-26-2011, 09:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Contracts included, I agree that Cishek is more appealing. But if money is not involved, Cishek is not more attractive than Nunez. But neither of them are closers at this point.

Comment

Without money involved, the majority of teams would definitely take Nunez

Comment

Contracts included, I agree that Cishek is more appealing. But if money is not involved, Cishek is not more attractive than Nunez. But neither of them are closers at this point.
                          I fail to see why you'd think that based on their numbers this year, which is "right now."

If this question was asked last year, I'd agree with you.

But Cishek has gotten a lot better this year. Whether that's sustainable or not is still unknown.

Leo Nunez has gotten a lot worse this year.

Comment

HANLEY SUCKS BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT NOW.

Leo is not the best.
                            But Cishek is not better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              Without money involved, the majority of teams would definitely take Nunez
                              Leo Nunez career #'s demonstrate that he's not a high-leverage reliever, either.

I fail to see what makes him clearly better.
                              Last year, he was promising (the best year of his career), but the results weren't there as he ended up blowing a bunch of saves/losing the closer's role at around the same time.

This year, his peripherals are garbage, as are his numbers.

Leo Nunez is basically only a high-leverage reliever on a bad team.

Comment

Working...
                              X