Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nolasco Sets New Marlins Record (although Not the One He Wanted) in Loss To Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolasco Sets New Marlins Record (although Not the One He Wanted) in Loss To Rockies

In case you missed the game thread, Ricky tied Dontrelle's Strikeout mark but set the Marlins record for the most earned runs allowed by a starter (11).
    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 08-17-2011, 10:37 PM.

Earned runs*

Comment

Fixed.

Comment

That was a less than enjoyable game to watch.

Comment

Frickin Pitbull.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

So like I said in the game thread, Sheff's single season HR record (42) is kind of in play now.

Stanton has 29 HRs with 39 to play. A homer once every 3 games and he's tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
              That was a less than enjoyable game to watch.

This sums the game up very well.

Comment

if you're going to lose, might as well lose while breaking records

Comment

Considering the quality of his stuff, Nolasco has these types of outings too often. On May 29 at Dodger Stadium, he allowed eight runs on 15 hits in five innings. The Padres on July 20 hung nine runs on nine hits on him in 1 1/3 innings.

Since May 13, 2009, a Marlins starter has allowed eight or more runs in a game 10 times. Nolasco has started seven of those contests.
                  Rockies thump Nolasco, take two of three from Marlins

I know we all know that Ricky is prone to getting shelled every once in a while but it's crazy when you see that 7 of the last 10 starts where a starter gave up 8 runs or more belong to him.

Comment

Why's that surprising? He's probably made the most starts out of anyone in that stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                      Why's that surprising? He's probably made the most starts out of anyone in that stretch.
                      I think we all know what she's getting at.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I was getting at the fact that you don't expect a guy you just signed long term to be a 2/3 type starter to be on that list.

Comment

I really don't have a problem if once in about ten starts he gets destroyed

as long as he's pretty darn good in the other 7 or 8

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            Rockies thump Nolasco, take two of three from Marlins

I know we all know that Ricky is prone to getting shelled every once in a while but it's crazy when you see that 7 of the last 10 starts where a starter gave up 8 runs or more belong to him.
                            I'll say it. If Volstad had been given all the ML team you desire he would probably be on that list.

Comment

It's not so much Ricky being on the list. Anyone can (and has had) a bad day. It's Ricky having 70% of those starts that's amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X