X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Lose to Braves 4-3 in Extras

enough of the fucking bunting

srsly

Ozzie Guillen does a lot of this same shit.

It's really dumb and this team sucking so bad offensively makes it look even dumber.

Comment

I hate bunting.

---
      - Sent from my StarTac using Doc Brown's DeLorean
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

We've lost 80% of our extra innings home games.

Comment

I love bunting. I especially love it when it works.

I don't like Brett Hayes bunting at a pitch that has no chance of being bunted properly.

Should've just looked at that starting lineup and known what the outcome of the game would've been. I don't care if guys like Boni are awesome right now, that lineup was AAA good.

Comment

Yeah 3 opening day starters out of 8 ain't pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
              I love bunting. I especially love it when it works.

I don't like Brett Hayes bunting at a pitch that has no chance of being bunted properly.

Should've just looked at that starting lineup and known what the outcome of the game would've been. I don't care if guys like Boni are awesome right now, that lineup was AAA good.
              so you were ok with Dobbs bunting in the first?

for a team that can't seem to score right now, wouldn't the last thing you want to do is give away outs?

Comment

I've never understood sac bunting to move a guy over to 2B. At least moving a guy over to 3B with less than 2 outs makes some sense depending on the hitter, but bunting every time you get a guy on 1B is stupid.

If Edwin Rodriguez was doing such things, more people would be bashing him. But since Jack has a nice resume and is an 80-year old wearing high socks on a baseball field, he can get away with such a thing.

Comment

Who are you talking about that's letting Jack "get away" with it.

Comment

The media hasn't mentioned anything about this; the only recent thing regarding Marlins managers that I've seen was Greg Cote writing an article, saying that the Marlins should just bring back Jack if he's willing to do so. I don't recall members of the media doing the same thing when the Marlins were 30-20 under Edwin Rodriguez in the first 50 games of the season.

Comment

But what are they letting Jack get away with that they bashed Edwin on? The discussion here is about the dumb decisions to sac bunt and I don't recall any media bashing Edwin about that. I don't get what you are trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        But what are they letting Jack get away with that they bashed Edwin on? The discussion here is about the dumb decisions to sac bunt and I don't recall any media bashing Edwin about that. I don't get what you are trying to say.
                        Edwin wasn't bashed for that because he rarely ever did such a thing. If he did, he didn't do it from the first inning till the last inning.

You can't bash someone for something they don't do.

My point is that if Edwin would've had his team sac bunting as much as Jack did, he would've gotten more criticism for it, especially considering how it hasn't worked.

Another thing, Jack has had plenty of opportunities to get ejected and he hasn't. When Fredi was around, plenty of fans would've used that as a reason to say that he sucked and lacked fire.

Comment

Take the criticisms to fucking MB.com where stupid people actually say those things.
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            Edwin wasn't bashed for that because he rarely ever did such a thing. If he did, he didn't do it from the first inning till the last inning.

You can't bash someone for something they don't do.

My point is that if Edwin would've had his team sac bunting as much as Jack did, he would've gotten more criticism for it, especially considering how it hasn't worked.

Another thing, Jack has had plenty of opportunities to get ejected and he hasn't. When Fredi was around, plenty of fans would've used that as a reason to say that he sucked and lacked fire.
                            That seems like something completely pointless to be upset about.

Comment

I'm not upset about it; I'm just pointing out the double-standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X