Ozzie Guillen: I’d Manage Florida Marlins with ‘class’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluff Piece: Ozzie Guillen: I’d Manage Florida Marlins with ‘class’

Ozzie Guillen remains the property of the White Sox and could be back in a Chicago uniform next season. But if he isn’t, Guillen is making it clear he wouldn’t mind managing the Marlins if asked.

“If it’s time for me to go to the Marlins, I will go with a lot of class,” Guillen said in an interview with Graham Bensinger of Yahoo! Sports. “It [would] be an honor to manage the Marlins.”

The Marlins approached the White Sox about Guillen last year but backed away when the Sox demanded a premium player in return simply to talk to the outspoken manager.

But with the White Sox floundering in the standings, this could be it for Guillen in Chicago.

“If the White Sox don’t want me to be with the White Sox anymore, then [we’ll] think about something,” Guillen said in the interview.

Guillen, who was a coach for the Marlins when they won the 2003 World Series and keeps his offseason home in South Florida, is well-liked by Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/0...#ixzz1UBLQ4KS6
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/0...e-florida.html

Didn't see this posted anywhere, if it was, forgive me.
    Last edited by Branch; 08-05-2011, 02:20 PM.
    *Is a huge fucking asshole*

I like how it's just a known thing that once Ozzie is done on the south side, he'll be in Miami

Comment

I hope it becomes a reality.

Comment

It's pretty nice to be on the other side of one of these. The Joe G to Cubs/Yanks and Fredi to Atlanta articles weren't cool.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Downside is he likes to sacrifice guys over in the AL though.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Downside is he likes to sacrifice guys over in the AL though.
            Worth the 15 ejections / 30 arguments he gets into over the course of the year

Comment

He also tweets!

Comment

I approve of this.

Comment

Working...
                X