No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins All-Time Greatest Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes no sense to have a favorite marlin and favorite all around player who's also a marlin but we are digressing too much as it is
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by MK7 View Post
      Ramp...you were also 10 at the most, no?

Yea. This explains it. The third person in this thread that was arguing with me over this, that was still in elementary school at the time.

It was memorable to me and many others that supported the team at the time. Gary Sheffield was the biggest Marlin trade acquisition at the time. His debut was most certainly hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
        Most certainly not gonna argue with u guys over this, but totally dismissin Gary Sheffield's first game as "unremarkable", while saying a HR from Vladimir Nunez and Ramon Castro are doesn't seemed flawed to you??

And theres 0% "ohmygosh" will ever come out of my mouth
        "ohmygosh" is my internet for "what a dumb fuckin thing to say"

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          "ohmygosh" is my internet for "what a dumb fuckin thing to say"

stay classy
          --------------------
          Listen guys, I dont wanna argue bout this. The game was memorable to me. Obv not to you.

Still great thread, a lot of things I'm sure many of us had forgotten about
          Last edited by ....J....; 08-04-2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

That makes no sense to have a favorite marlin and favorite all around player who's also a marlin but we are digressing too much as it is
            I loved the way Sheffield hit, but I loved everything about Castillo's game. Sheffield always looked like an idiot, defensively, so I didn't like that about him.

Comment

Mike Stanton looks like an idiot defensively.
              poop

Comment

Yea. This explains it. The third person in this thread that was arguing with me over this, that was still in elementary school at the time.

It was memorable to me and many others that supported the team at the time. Gary Sheffield was the biggest Marlin trade acquisition at the time. His debut was most certainly hyped.
                Should we add Carlos Delgado's first game too, then? And Pudge...

This is about memorable GAMES.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I think he looks great out there.
                Last edited by Erick; 08-04-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ramp...you were also 10 at the most, no?
                  exactly... prob why I was more pumped for Mike Stanton than Gary Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Its not about looks, its about UZR

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                      Its not about looks, its about UZR
                      No, UZR aside, Gary Sheffield makes Mike Stanton looks like the best outfielder ever. I'll let you decide who that is.

Maybe you and bob will stop trying to argue everything I say, someday.

This is pretty ridiculous. Gary Sheffield fucking sucked, defensively. I don't even see how that can be debated.

Mike Stanton might look awkward sometimes, but at least he has great range and arm strength in RF.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post

Two pretty bad examples bro. They played a combined two years for the team and have never expressed interest in going into the hall as a Marlin.
                        Last edited by Omar; 08-04-2011, 12:13 PM. Reason: fixed formatting

Comment

Two pretty bad examples bro. They played a combined two years for the team and have never expressed interest in going into the hall as a Marlin.
                          But those things that happened later don't make a game in the past more or less memorable. Those were two guys with big names that the Marlins acquired and two moves that stirred up quite a bit of excitement. Why should something they say later or how many games they play here make one specific game from the past more memorable.

If Delgado was still here and was hitting 40 homers a year, would you suddenly say, wow, that first game is extra memorable now ? ?

?

Comment

No, UZR aside, Gary Sheffield makes Mike Stanton looks like the best outfielder ever. I'll let you decide who that is.

Maybe you and bob will stop trying to argue everything I say, someday.

This is pretty ridiculous. Gary Sheffield fucking sucked, defensively. I don't even see how that can be debated.

Mike Stanton might look awkward sometimes, but at least he has great range and arm strength in RF.
                            U do understand that Sheffield was a SS and a 3rd basemen before he was moved to right field, where he routinely threw out everyone that tried to take the extra base?

Try Stanton at all those positions and it'll make Sportscenters Not Top 10 every night.

Comment

You were saying that that game was memorable to you because Sheffield was a pretty big acquisition in Marlins history.

Carlos Delgado and Pudge Rodriguez were that, too.

I don't see why Gary Sheffield possibly going into the HOF as a Marlin is relevant. It's not as if you said "I'M SO EXCITED, THIS GUY WILL GO INTO THE HOF AS A MARLIN" the first time you saw him in a Marlins uniform.

Should we add Hanley Ramirez first game in Houston, as well?

Comment

not sure you are getting the concept though... we're doing things based on 1 game

if you were extremely hyped for Sheff's first game, then Delgado's and Pudge's would certainly be in the same family.... regardless of how long they were here for

Comment

Working...
                                X