Miami Marlins All-Time Greatest Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef View Post
    I don't see how that makes it an all-time game or a memorable game.
    but a one-hitter from a guy who won 28 games in 64 starts for this franchise does???

Comment

The game where Billy lost his head parachuting into the stadium
      --------------------
      It's not about the player. It's about a game being memorable in that instant. No one watched sheff's first game in awe. I couldn't tell you offhand what his stats were that game. IMO Dempster's one hitter is more memorable than sheffield's first game. I am also a huge Sheffield fan but there is nothing "memorable" about that game
      Last edited by emkayseven; 08-04-2011, 10:59 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by ....J.... View Post
        but a one-hitter from a guy who won 28 games in 64 starts for this franchise does???
        ohmygosh

People remember great games/great performances. They don't tend to remember unremarkable games that happen to include a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by MK7 View Post
          The game where Billy lost his head parachuting into the stadium
          --------------------
          It's not about the player. It's about a game being memorable in that instant. No one watched sheff's first game in awe. I couldn't tell you offhand what his stats were that game. IMO Dempster's one hitter is more memorable than sheffield's first game. I am also a huge Sheffield fan but there is nothing "memorable" about that game
          to U maybe??

Comment

ohmygosh

Will U please tell us why it is so memorable? Give us a recollection of all the memorable things about that game.

Comment

....J.... is t.....J....fla ?

After watching Sheffield's first game as a Marlin, he thought, ohmygosh, I won't forget what I just saw, that was really something.

Comment

Most certainly not gonna argue with u guys over this, but totally dismissin Gary Sheffield's first game as "unremarkable", while saying a HR from Vladimir Nunez and Ramon Castro are doesn't seemed flawed to you??

And theres 0% "ohmygosh" will ever come out of my mouth

Comment

Yeah, one of the franchises all time great performances is more memorable than a game that included Gary Sheffield.

Comment

Originally posted by Metes View Post
                    ohmygosh

Will U please tell us why it is so memorable? Give us a recollection of all the memorable things about that game.
                    Come with it

Comment

It us not MEMORABLE. It does not produce a MEMORY. It was not hyped any more than Terry Pendleton's first game with the Marlins was. It did not produce an incredible unexpected effect. There was no spectacular performance. Mike Piazza's first game is more memorable to me.
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Most certainly not gonna argue with u guys over this, but totally dismissin Gary Sheffield's first game as "unremarkable", while saying a HR from Vladimir Nunez and Ramon Castro are doesn't seemed flawed to you??

And theres 0% "ohmygosh" will ever come out of my mouth
                        No, a walkoff homerun by anyone will always be more memorable where Gary Sheffield went 2/4 with an RBI against the Expos in a 3-1 win

Comment

I'm pretty sure I was more excited for Mike Stanton's first game and that's not a top memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            I'm pretty sure I was more excited for Mike Stanton's first game and that's not a top memory.
                            Well in fairness, you were probably 10 when Sheffield made his debut

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                              Ramp...you were also 10 at the most, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                I remember plenty about Sheffield, though. In terms of hitters, he's still my favorite Marlin of all-time. Luis Castillo being my favorite all-around player.

Comment

Working...
                                X