No announcement yet.

Hanley Calls Conine a "Chicken" And Wants To Become New "Mr. Marlin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the end result is better than the Miguel Cabrera deal -- y'know, that other lazy player (also known as fat ass).

Comment

I think I hate this season more than 2005
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Definitely enjoy this season more than I did last year

Comment

I think this is Conine speaking his mind more than any conspiracy to test the waters.

I wouldn't mind if he asked to be traded, but this isn't the first time we've heard these types of comments. Hanley's had a track record since AA.

Comment

He also has a .307/.381/.509 track record.

I'd rather have him at "not giving 100%" than some asshole not as good as him who busts his ass.

If they trade him, they will regret it.

I don't think Conine is speaking for the org, but if it was my org, I'd be releasing a statement making that very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              We should trade Hanley for David Eckstein.
              Or his 2011 equivalent, Sam Fuld.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I go back to the "I don't want to babysit" post 2005 comments and I think this is just a jackass being a jackass. I'd love to put Conine and Helms on a care mission and never have them come back.

Besides, since when has this organization ever given a crap about PR? "Floating" the sentiment? They don't give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                  I'd love to put Conine and Helms on a care mission and never have them come back.
                  Would this be a dredging mission? Perhaps on a certain bay?

Comment

his comments are now all over Sportscenter today leading to speculation that the Marlins might be leaning towards moving him
                    --------------------
                    Olney says that the front office doesn't agree with Conine
                    --------------------
                    Hanley is Loria's favorite player anyway, Conine may get in trouble for criticizing Loria's boy
                    Last edited by Ramp; 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Sportscenter is a week late!

The only reason why I don't see us trading Hanley is because like you said, Loria loves the guy.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming days though.

Comment

The reason they won't trade Hanley is because he's really fucking good.
                        --------------------
                        Also JRC said that Conine may have already met with the FO about his comments a few days ago.
                        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Oh Hanley!

WASHINGTON -- One week after Marlins special assistant Jeff Conine made uncomplimentary remarks about Hanley Ramirez, the shortstop shot back with sharp words of his own, calling Conine a "chicken" and saying his goal now is to supplant the former player as "Mr. Marlin."

"I think he wants to be Mr. Marlin forever," Ramirez said of Conine, who was given that moniker during his eight seasons with the team. "It won't happen. I'm coming, baby. I think I'm going to be Mr. Marlin. That's my goal now. I wasn't thinking about that (before Conine's comments)."

While being interviewed on The Dan LeBatard Show on 790-The Ticket last week, Conine said that, if it was up to him, he would trade Ramirez and gets frustrated with the shortstop "on a nightly basis."

"I think there are some nights where he doesn't try as hard as he should," Conine said, adding that he doesn't think Ramirez respects the game enough.

Ramirez said Wednesday that Conine should have spoken to him privately instead of airing his opinions of him on the radio.

"If he's got a problem, just come over and talk to me like a man," Ramirez said. "Don't be a chicken, talking on the (radio), because whatever you say is going to stay out there."

Asked if gets along with Conine, who is a special assistant to Marlins president David Samson, Ramirez replied: "I used to, yeah."

Ramirez said he was surprised at the timing of Conine's comments, and that he feels he is being unfairly labeled as someone who doesn't care or try hard enough.

"Why now?" Ramirez said. "There are a lot of worse guys than me out there. But nobody knows because nobody pays attention. When I'm on the field, I'm just being me. I'm playing my game. It's how I've got to play. Nobody's going to change me. What I get paid for is to win, respect each other, respect the organization. That's what I do."

Ramirez is aiming higher than becoming known as the next Mr. Marlin. He said wants to remain with the team for the rest of his career, have his number retired, and go into the Hall of Fame as a Marlin.

"I'm going to make it to the Hall of Fame being in a Marlins uniform," Ramirez said. "This number (No. 2), nobody's going to wear it."

As for Conine, Ramirez said: "I'm still playing. I'm in the game. Where is he? I'm just happy to be in the game. I don't care what other people say."
                          http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/

Comment

"I think he wants to be Mr. Marlin forever," Ramirez said of Conine, who was given that moniker during his eight seasons with the team. "It won't happen. I'm coming, baby. I think I'm going to be Mr. Marlin. That's my goal now. I wasn't thinking about that (before Conine's comments)."
                            This is outstanding.

<3
                            --------------------
                            "I'm going to make it to the Hall of Fame being in a Marlins uniform," Ramirez said. "This number (No. 2), nobody's going to wear it."
                            and this.
                            Last edited by Ramp; 07-27-2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Honestly I'm glad he said that. I hope he does become Mr. Marlin.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

If you ever forgot why you love Hanley this will remind you <3

Comment

Working...
                                X