Hanley Calls Conine a "Chicken" And Wants To Become New "Mr. Marlin"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanley Calls Conine a "Chicken" And Wants To Become New "Mr. Marlin"

Conine is ripping Hanley in this interview with LeBatard. I expect this to pop up soon.

Said he doesn't think Hanley cares much, says he doesn't work hard and doesn't respect the game. Says he gets frustraded by him on a nightly basis and would trade him.

Old white guys are the most boring group of people on the planet and I care not what they say about the way people play children's games.
    poop

Comment

Old black guys don't care bout baseball

Comment

Buck O'Neil cared about baseball more than anyone who ever lived, I think.
        poop

Comment

I'm sure you don't care what Conine says but I got to think since he works for the Marlins they aren't exactly happy when he goes around saying this stuff on the radio.
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            I sure you don't care what Conine says but I got to think since he works for the Marlins they aren't exactly happy when he goes around saying this stuff on the radio.
            He either speaks for the organization, in which case the organization is stupid, or he speaks for himself, and he's stupid and will probably hear from Loria because Loria loves Hanley because Hanley likes ugly, garish things like him.
            poop

Comment

bobbob leads the week in using the word "garish"

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Conine is ripping Hanley in this interview with LeBatard. I expect this to pop up soon.

Said he doesn't think Hanley cares much, says he doesn't work hard and doesn't respect the game. Says he gets frustraded by him on a nightly basis and would trade him.
                This is now the second person in the organization who kinda throws Hanley under the bus for no apparent reason in less than a week.

Comment

Ironically, Mike Lowell used much of the same words to describe Jeff Conine's work ethic when he was on the Marlins. He was talking once about how all players have their own approaches and you have to respect them. Then he went on to say that Conine surprisingly was one of those guys who would not get to the stadium on time and would not really practice hard.

Comment

Difference being, of course, that Jeff Conine sucks.

Put me in the camp that's suspicious of these comments. Organizational mouthpieces don't generally run off and spout opinions criticizing their franchise players willy-nilly. Either Mr. Conine needs to be shown his place or they're testing the waters here.
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

I believe him to be a blowhard

Comment

Transcript of Jeff Conine’s comments about Florida Marlins SS Hanley Ramirez

by Joe Capozzi
                        Here’s the transcript from Dan LeBatard’s interview this afternoon with Jeff Conine on “The Dan LeBatard Show on 790 The Ticket.”

Does Jeff Conine get frustrated by Hanley Ramirez?

“On a nightly basis.’’

Because?

“I just, I don’t know, I think that obviously Hanley is a phenomenal talent. But as a guy that… I’m probably jealous too because I didn’t have that kind of talent but I had to work extremely hard on a nightly basis to put my talent on the field . I think that there are some nights when he doesn’t work as hard as he should.’’

Does he care enough?

“I don’t know. I don’t know. Maybe that’s part of the problem but you know he is no doubt one of the top talents in baseball and you hope at some point he would get it and become a leader in the clubhouse like he can be on the field.’’

I don’t want to put words in your mouth but it sounds like you find, given how hard you hard to work and given that you don’t think he works to maximum capacity all the time, yes or no, you don’t think he respects the game?

“I would say if you define that as not going out there and putting 100 percent on the field every day, yeah, I would say no he doesn’t.”

Would you trade him if it were up to you?

“If it were up to me, probably.’’

You’re seeing a guy who’s not trying to be as good as his talent.

“Um, when you’ve got a guy who is as good as he is and has had the success that he has, and he is not the only one. There are players like that of that caliber that kind of get complacent with their work ethic and say ‘You know what this game is pretty easy for me’ and for him it is much easier than it is for many other guys. I think as you get older and you stop working as hard as you once did then your talent starts to degrade a little bit. So often they were able to flip that switch and dominate the game. Well, as your career progresses and you’re not working as hard as you used to, you can’t flip that switch anymore and dominate that game. You’ve got to keep working.”

I fear we might have gotten you in trouble. I think you might have got in trouble with what you just said about Hanley.

“Why? Is somebody listening to this?’’

(Laughter)

As I wrote in my earlier blog, Conine said he didn’t think it was a big deal.

“It shouldn’t be a big deal at all,” he said.

He did confirm the spirit of what he said on the radio.

“They asked me if I would trade him. I said yeah I would trade anybody if it was a good deal for the team,” Conine said.

Conine said he also said he was asked if he thought Hanley played hard every night.

“I said I don’t think he plays 100 percent every night. I really don’t,” he said.
                        http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...anley-ramirez/

Comment

This shit again?

I'm ready for the season to end.

Comment

We should trade Hanley for David Eckstein.

Comment

Hanley's gonna demand a trade sooner or later.

And I won't blame him one bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X