• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Catch a Break, McKeon Yells at Pitchers in 7-5 Win

What have we here?

It's too bad we're in the NL East

Comment

That's why I'm a fan of the single table.

Comment

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season.. Lets get to .500 by the end of the month and see what happens.. Not saying were gonna make the playoffs but lets make it interesting.

Comment

Atlanta and Philly aren't going to have bad enough stretches to have the Marlins make it interesting. Even after winning 8 of the last 9 they're still 10 games back of Atlanta and 13.5 back from Philly.

Comment

10 back isn't awful.. I dunno why I am being optimistic when all our wins have been against shitty teams but still I have some hope..

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
              That's why I'm a fan of the single table.
              If this includes a balanced schedule with just a World Series and no preliminary rounds then sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                10 back isn't awful.. I dunno why I am being optimistic when all our wins have been against shitty teams but still I have some hope..
                Got a 1.1% chance according to baseball prospectus to make the playoffs.

Comment

Never tell me the odds.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Yeah it's definitely an extremely bleak outlook for the Marlins no doubt but a little food for thought.......

If you disregard for a moment the Braves (who have 39 losses), the team with the fewest losses in the Wild Card race has 44 losses.

The Marlins have 49 losses.

A real shitty month of August for Atlanta could at least give us a sweat.

We can dream can't we?

Comment

After June I'd be very happy winning 83-84 games.

Comment

Maybe it's because this is the least interested I've been in the team in a long time, but I'd rather lose 100, get a cool draft pick, start spending cash and go from there than claw back to 82 or 83 wins.

Yeah the winning record is cool and all, but if we're not going to do anything, bottom out.

Comment

Not sure there's any way the team goes for that with the new stadium coming.
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            so your saying there still is a chance?

Comment

Doesn't matter how many games we win this year. Just some a big name this fall, hold a big party in the new stadium acting like we won the championship already and the sheep will flock.

This board will be filled with new MHs

Comment

Working...
                              X