Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Drop the Ball in 2-1 Loss to the Cubs

not a fun game

congrats to Hanley on his 1,000th hit, although I'm sure he isn't basking in that glory right now

We should bump that Erick-Bobbob-Beef thread again so I can respond to Beef's dumbass comment at the end of the gamethread.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      We should bump that Erick-Bobbob-Beef thread again so I can respond to Beef's dumbass comment at the end of the gamethread.
      You implied that Infante cannot run hard from home to 2nd because he is not a good baserunner. That is retarded.

That's like if I post a video of Infante having the best slide in baseball all season and then say, there is your proof that he is awesome at doing things on and between the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
        You implied that Infante cannot run hard from home to 2nd because he is not a good baserunner. That is retarded.

That's like if I post a video of Infante having the best slide in baseball all season and then say, there is your proof that he is awesome at doing things on and between the bases.
        No, I implied that even Infante is running hard, it's probably not bang-bang because he's not fast at all.

Hanley's been a + baserunner his whole career.

Infante's been an average baserunner trending downward the past couple of years because he runs the bases like he's hurt or something. He's slow.

That play is not bang-bang if Infante is running the bases.

Also, if Hanley is called safe on that play, you don't even say anything.

Comment

What does being a + baserunner have to do with not running hard out of the box?

Comment

People would say "Oh boy, that was risky! I'm glad it worked out though!"
            --------------------
            Also, bump the damn thread yourself.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-15-2011, 04:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              People would say "Oh boy, that was risky! I'm glad it worked out though!"
              Some people would say "great hustle!"

Don't even tell me now to not speculate on what people would say considering that you just speculated, yourself.

Comment

Off the bat, I was hoping Hanley would stretch it, but then I remembered it was Wrigley Field and Byrd was in center.

Byrd made a good play, and Hanley was out. Hanley tried to stretch for 2 in order to allow one single to tie it up instead of two.

Regardless of whether or not you feel it was the right move to attempt to stretch it, you have to at least see what he was trying to do.

But congrats on 1k for H2R. And we should try to catch pop-ups better.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  What does being a + baserunner have to do with not running hard out of the box?
                  I don't know, maybe the fact that he had to run the bases to get to 2B?

Comment

ohmygosh

Comment

Also, if we're doing this, Infante probably doesn't hit the ball into the gap as hard, so it would have rolled a little longer, so Byrd wouldn't have gotten to it as fast. If if if if if if.

Also, you need two runs there anyways. Yeah, getting the runner into scoring position is cool, but I don't know if it's worth risking a baserunner and an outt= to try to get there.
                      poop

Comment

I take it Erick didn't watch the play.

Comment

Apparently Infante needs a hearing aid, but what can you do, you win some you lose some. Take the next 2 against the Cubbies and I'm happy.

Comment

Hanley didn't bust ass out of the box. He maybe is safe if he had. In a situation like that, with such a risky play, I don't know why we shouldn't criticize him.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Also, if we're doing this, Infante probably doesn't hit the ball into the gap as hard, so it would have rolled a little longer, so Byrd wouldn't have gotten to it as fast. If if if if if if.

Also, you need two runs there anyways. Yeah, getting the runner into scoring position is cool, but I don't know if it's worth risking a baserunner and an outt= to try to get there.
                              Well, Infante probably hits a pop fly to RF if we're being realistic.

And considering who's on the mound, it's a lot easier to tie the game on a single (as LoMo ended up doing) than it is to tie it on an extra-base hit. Not to mention that if Hanley's safe there, it's a tough lefty-lefty matchup because I'm almost positive Quade goes to Marshall at that point to face Morrison.

Comment

Working...
                              X