What If..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If..

What if we go 15-5, over the next 20 games leading up to July 31st. If we are able to put our things together, our upcoming schedule will not be too tough.

These are our upcoming 20 games:

4- Astros
    4- Cubs
    3- Pads
    4- Mets
    3- Nats
    2- Braves (not counting the July 31st game)

If we are able to somehow pull a 15-5, get to 54-53 by July 31st and we decide to buy, who do you see us going after?

what if we go 20-0, THEN who would we buy?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

An autographed copy of (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd) on vinyl. That would be pretty sweet.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Chewie is from the future, he knows what we bought.

Comment

What if God was one of us?

Comment

Just a slob like one of us?
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Just a stranger on the bus?

Comment

trying to make his way home.

fuck you sandro
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  If we are able to somehow pull a 15-5, get to 54-53 by July 31st and we decide to buy, who do you see us going after?
                  I do not believe 54-53 turns us into buyers, so it's really not something to worry about at this point.

Comment

Yeah, we'd still be sellers at 54-53. Unfortunately, the Marlins don't play in the NL Central. Or maybe we're fortunate in the sense that we don't seem to play well, head-to-head, against NL Central teams.

Either way, you have to be extremely legit to make the playoffs in the NL East. Our competition for a playoff spot is the Phillies (best) and the Braves who are probably the best team in the NL not named the Phillies...also in the NL East. 54-53 doesn't really get anything done in terms of contending, although I'd love to see the team win 15 of 20 for the sake of playing good baseball, for a change.

Comment

Fuck that. We're already not doing anything, I'd rather them get a top 5 pick than finish "strong" with 74 wins.

Obviously I'd like to see Hanley and LoMo turn it around though. And for Mike to find some consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        Fuck that. We're already not doing anything, I'd rather them get a top 5 pick than finish "strong" with 74 wins.

Obviously I'd like to see Hanley and LoMo turn it around though. And for Mike to find some consistency.
                        I'd be rooting for that in any other sport, but I think it means a lot less in baseball.

Comment

Because of the draft being such a crapshoot, I'm guessing? Or at least more so than other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            Because of the draft being such a crapshoot, I'm guessing? Or at least more so than other sports.
                            Yes

Comment

While it's a crapshoot, you'd still rather have a top 5 pick than a top 12 pick

Comment

Working...
                              X