No announcement yet.

Jack McKeon Returns as Interim Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scary part is that is actually possible.

Comment

Jack would be coo. He could also die

Comment

This losing streak keeps getting cooler and cooler.

I'm dead serious.

Go get Dontrelle Willis and plug him into the 5 slot under Trader Jack's wing.

one time common

Comment

Would be a big fan
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Would be gimmicky as all get out
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Buster_ESPN: Sources: Jack McKeon is expected to be the next manager of the Florida Marlins. At age 80, oldest manager ever, other than Connie Mack.
              /Twitter

Comment

WOOOOOO. Best news all season.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

This season just gets weirder and weirder.

Comment

Who would have fuckin thought when the Marlins basically made Jack retire in 05 that he would be our manager again.

Comment

I hope he smokes cigars in the dugout.

Comment

Originally posted by DropkickAlex View Post
                        I hope he smokes cigars in the dugout.
                        I believe there are regulations against smoking in stadiums now.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                          I believe there are regulations against smoking in stadiums now.
                          And you really think Jack gives a fuck about rules?

Comment

The Florida Marlins are expected to name 80-year old Jack McKeon their next manager, multiple league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney late Sunday night.

Edwin Rodriguez unexpectedly resigned Sunday with his team in the midst of a 1-18 June, frustrated with his last-place club after less than one year on the job.
                            Rodriguez was in his first full season as the Marlins' manager. The Marlins would not have made a change if Rodriguez had not resigned, a team source told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

"It's been extremely frustrating for everyone," Florida president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said. "I think everyone here knows what is going on -- the way we've played, the way we've performed. It's tough on everyone, especially (Rodriguez).

"He communicated with me early this morning that this was something he was thinking about, and when I got to the ballpark we accepted his resignation."

McKeon last managed in 2005, also with the Marlins. He retired after that season, following a three-year stint with the Marlins that included both a National League Manager of the Year award and a World Series title in 2003. McKeon won both after also taking over the Marlins during the season and eventually leading them past the Yankees for the franchise's second championship.

He would be one of only six active managers with at least 1,000 wins.

Rodriguez became interim manager June 23 of last year after Fredi Gonzalez was fired. He was given the job permanently five days later, becoming the first Puerto Rican-born manager in major league history. Florida went 46-46 under Rodriguez, who had opened the season as the Marlins' Triple-A manager in New Orleans.

"This was an extremely frustrated, proud man," Beinfest said. "This kind of caught us a little off guard. I know there's been a lot of speculation, everything, but this is not something I thought was going to happen today."

The Marlins fell to 1-18 in June with Sunday's loss to the Rays. They were 32-40 and in last place in the NL East, 12.5 games behind the Phillies.

The Marlins' recent slide can be attributed in part to the struggles of ace Josh Johnson and shortstop Hanley Ramirez.

Johnson, who led the NL in 2010 with a 2.30 ERA, has been on the disabled list since mid-May with right shoulder inflammation.

Ramirez, the anchor of their lineup, is batting .204 with four homers and 17 RBIs after spending two weeks on the disabled list with an injured back.

Beinfest said the team would move quickly to bring in an interim manager.

"So we can move ahead with the business of playing baseball and trying to win games," he said. "When you have a change like this, with a popular person, I think it's tough on a lot of people. You just need to go play baseball, and that's first and foremost."
                            Sources: Marlins to hire Jack McKeon

Comment

Gramps and I!!!!

Comment

You're kinda cute Fish.
                                --------------------
                                no homo.
                                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-19-2011, 10:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X