Ken Rosenthal (Updated): Ozzie Would Be Nuts to Take Marlins Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Rosenthal (Updated): Ozzie Would Be Nuts to Take Marlins Job

If the Marlins make a managerial change, the most likely candidate would be Nationals' third base coach Bo Porter. Porter spent five years with the Marlins, and three as a Major League coach. Rosenthal wonders if the Nats would let him go to a division rival midseason, and if Porter would accept the job on an interim basis, knowing the Marlins ultimately want Ozzie Guillen. Porter turned down a similar offer last season.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...medium=twitter

Just let Wes Helms coach the rest of the season.

Comment

Comment

Edwin > Bo

Comment

JoeFrisaro: #Marlins The buzz from inside the Marlins' clubhouse, those who would know, don't think Edwin's job is in jeopardy.
          /Twitter

Comment

So those who know don't know, but think

Comment

No plz

Hate Bo
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, Bo is a no for me as well. We all totally hated him as a third base coach. Can you imagine him as the manager? Yikes!

Comment

He wouldn't be making dumb decisions at third base if he were the manager

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                    Yeah, Bo is a no for me as well. We all totally hated him as a third base coach. Can you imagine him as the manager? Yikes!
                    Those jobs are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Those jobs are completely different and have nothing to do with each other.
                      Do you think he would make a good manager?

Comment

I don't know. What information do we have that says he's a poor manager? Or vica versa.

Comment

Nothing but if he doesn't do a good job as a third base coach, why would you want to make him your manager? Sure he could be the best manager ever or he could be an idiot.

I'm personally a fan of firing the conditioning staff if anyone. Replacing the manager really won't make a difference.

Calling up Wise instead of Pete?
                          Maybe call up Doming next week if things continue.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                            Nothing but if he doesn't do a good job as a third base coach, why would you want to make him your manager? Sure he could be the best manager ever or he could be an idiot.

I'm personally a fan of firing the conditioning staff if anyone. Replacing the manager really won't make a difference.

Calling up Wise instead of Pete?
                            Maybe call up Doming next week if things continue.
                            Because those two jobs are completely unrelated. That's like not hiring a mailman because he's terrible at FIFA.

Comment

Ozzie as our coach. Sign me up. The entertainment value alone is worth it!

Comment

Working...
                              X