Clear All

And the starting pitching ERA

Comment

At least we got better defensively.

Comment

Because no one is tired from running around the bases

Comment

We need 2 SP, a 2B, a CF, and a 3B.

Gonna take one hell of an off-season for us to be good next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
            I would like to reiterate my point about how frustrating Stanton can be to watch. I'm a huge fan, but when he is on a cold streak it is so painful to watch.
            I don't like the way he jogs and I don't like the way he walks after striking out.

Comment

Since we suck so bad at RISP.. We should pick the line up out of a hat and go with it. Maybe Infante batting clean up is just what we need!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                We need 2 SP, a 2B, a CF, and a 3B.

Gonna take one hell of an off-season for us to be good next season.
                I disagree. There is no doubt in my mind that no matter what, Dominguez is our 3B next year. It helps that right now he's tearing the cover off the ball, but regardless, he'll be there. In fact, he'll probably be here this year.

I'd also be willing to bet Coghlan is in the fold somehow. Whether it's them moving him back to the IF or sticking him back at center (where he actually didn't look too bad) they aren't going to give up on the ROY from two years ago. If it took them so long to get rid of Hermida, I'd bet Coghlan sticks at least one more year.

So we'd need 2 SPs and either a 2B or CF. They're going to trade Leo, and you'd figure that would net one of those things. You also have to assume that a team like this is not going to bring in two outside SPs (have they ever done that in one offseason other than 2005?). I'd bet one of Elih, Koehler, Hand, West or - God fucking forbid - Volstad will be the 5 starter, at least to start. And if we are in contention we'll bring someone else in.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

If we're gonna suck, might as well be historic about it

Comment

mm hmm

Comment

I rate your losing skills a 10!
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Volstad is a worse option at #5 starter next year than Villanueva, Koehler, Hand, or West?
                        poop

Comment

Isn't payroll going up to ~80 million next year? They have a lot of options (to whoever said, "when was the last time they signed 2 SP's in one offseason")?

Comment

I haven't looked at the options but I've heard people say there isn't a big market for pitchers in the upcoming FA period.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              I haven't looked at the options but I've heard people say there isn't a big market for pitchers in the upcoming FA period.
                              Starting pitchers
                              Mark Buehrle (33)
                              Chris Carpenter (37) - $15MM club option with a $1MM buyout
                              Bruce Chen (35)
                              Aaron Cook (33) - $11MM mutual option with a $500K buyout
                              Kyle Davies (28)
                              Ryan Dempster (35) - $14MM player option, no buyout
                              Justin Duchscherer (34)
                              Zach Duke (29) - $5.5MM club option with a $750K buyout
                              Jeff Francis (30)
                              Freddy Garcia (36)
                              Jon Garland (32) - $8MM club option with a $500K buyout; vests with 190 IP
                              Aaron Harang (34) - $5MM mutual option with a $500K buyout
                              Rich Harden (30)
                              Livan Hernandez (37)
                              Edwin Jackson (28)
                              Kenshin Kawakami (37)
                              Scott Kazmir (28) - $13.5MM club option with a $2.5MM buyout
                              Hiroki Kuroda (37)
                              Rodrigo Lopez (36)
                              Paul Maholm (30) - $9.75MM club option with a $750K buyout
                              John Maine (31)
                              Jason Marquis (33)
                              Kevin Millwood (37)
                              Sergio Mitre (31)
                              Scott Olsen (28) - $4MM club option with a $100K buyout
                              Roy Oswalt (34) - $16MM mutual option with a $2MM buyout
                              Brad Penny (34)
                              Oliver Perez (30)
                              Joel Pineiro (33)
                              C.C. Sabathia (31) - may opt out of remaining four years, $92MM
                              Carlos Silva (33) - $12MM mutual option with a $2MM buyout
                              Javier Vazquez (35)
                              Adam Wainwright (30) - $10MM vesting option for '12, $12MM for '13
                              Tim Wakefield (45)
                              Chien-Ming Wang (32)
                              Brandon Webb (33)
                              Dontrelle Willis (30)
                              C.J. Wilson (31)
                              Chris Young (33)

I just noticed it's pretty weak.

The only arm I find intriguing is C.J. Wilson and there's a solid chance that he'll be a Type A free agent, so I don't see that happening.

Comment

Were a long ways from free agency.. Lets limp through this season 1st

Comment

Working...
                                X