No announcement yet.

Chris Coghlan Optioned to Triple A; Wise Called Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just surprised Wise was called up so quickly. He only played one game in AAA. Hopefully he hits better than Coghlan has been (which really shouldn't be that hard) and we start winning some games.

Comment

It's not like he's some young player, he's been in the league for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        I'm just surprised Wise was called up so quickly. He only played one game in AAA. Hopefully he hits better than Coghlan has been (which really shouldn't be that hard) and we start winning some games.
        Chris Coghlan at his worst is a better hitter than Wise at his best. Wise can play some nice D in CF, and...thats about it.

CC is a better hitter than hes shown. Its like his patience has completely evaporated. His rookie year, he rarely swung at the first pitch, now its almost every damn at bat he has.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Would have liked to see Bonertron in CF, Wise in LF, and LoMo at 1B just to see how it would work defensively. I mean, we're gonna lose anyway - why not?
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Where would you put Gaby? 3B?
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Gaby is DHing today, Dobbs is playing 1st.

Comment

The thought of Bonifacio and Wise in the same lineup makes my skin crawl.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Coghlan is going to lose Super 2 status.

Comment

Oh, btw, *sees Wise getting called up*

*Puts on sunglasses*

Some would say, this is a Wise move...

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
                    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

It's a fake baseball lineup, so you could get away with it for a game or two.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

Adding, he's at 1.150 days service. If he is down through the all star break, he will be tendered a club controlled contract low $500,000s next year. His Super 2 level is probably over $2 million.

Based on the team sucking and probably not contending, let alone winning, this is a really smart organizational move to get a cheaper year of Coghlan to "test drive" him again next year before making the determination if he is a long term answer somewhere on the field.

Some can say cheap. I think this is smart. He's struggling and it saves money. Perfect combo.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Coghlan is going to lose Super 2 status.
                          Good
                          --------------------
                          Chris Coghlan = Angel Berroa
                          Last edited by Madman81; 06-17-2011, 04:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Not even close
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              #Marlins vs. Rays: Hanley 6, Infante 4, LoMo 7, Gaby DH, Dobbs 3, Stanton 9, Lopez 5, Buck 2, Wise 8, Hand P
                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWQfMGjZF4[/ame]

Comment

I lol'd at all involved.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X