No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the idea of getting a supp. 2nd rounder for Infante. Free Hand/Rasmussen level prospect if no team is willing to flip a guy in their top 7-10 prospect range for him. Smart.

Comment

• I do too, but my concern is that he accepts arbitration
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Always a threat, but based off his 09-10, and he is starting to figure it out this year (.719 July, .902 post in the short month sample size), he is still a valuable player adding in his defense. He'd likely find a 2-3 year deal in free agency average $3-4 million range a season as Orlando Hudson and Orlandao Cabrera have been doing for years.

Not a big deal either way and he helps protect Dominguez (and Coghlan) in the short term which does have value, but this is probably fine. We'll see though.

Comment

• Odds are really low here but it is a 3rd baseman:

TroyRenck Troy Renck, Rockies
          by mlbtraderumors
          Rox talks w Stewart are w national league team. Not sure of team's identity yet
          --------------------
          jonmorosi Jon Morosi
          Teams are still calling the #Marlins about Leo Nunez. But for now, they are still being told he’s unavailable.
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-31-2011, 12:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman
            #marlins contacted about 8 of their guys (but not Hanley!). not anxious to trade major players. infante could be 1 to go

Comment

• robneyer robneyer
              @jonmorosi #Pirates are interested in many bats right now, sources say. One of them: Omar Infante of the #Marlins. // Poor use of "bat"!

Comment

• Haha

Comment

• If Infante will indeed be a type B I doubt the Marlins would offer arbitration.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Gonna be slow for us

We want to much for our guys is what I am hearing

Infante,Choate and Nunez are still ones I hear are possible,problem is no one thinks we will offer Infante arbitration.

We got calls on Nolasco,Anibal,Choate,Sanches,Nunez,Dobbs,Helms and Infante(Just to touch on the 8 guys)

Heard about maybe Infante and Choate to Pittsburgh but nothing yet?

Comment

• As expected, Marlins don't do anything.

Comment

• Good.

Sign a couple FAs in the offseason and we've got a solid team.

Comment

• But enough to compete with Atlanta and Philly?

Comment

• JCRMarlinsbeat: Pres of baseball ops Larry Beinfest says #Marlins were looking to add, but no interest in rentals. Nothing close in the final hour.
                            /Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              But enough to compete with Atlanta and Philly?
                              Probably not on paper. But they should not plan the next 3 years assuming both teams will be better.

The second wild card will be an option next year.

Comment

• I'm just not very optimistic at this point for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X