• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You already know anyways.

Comment

• Warchant is the worst.

Comment

• That's if you can understand what they are saying first.

Comment

• MLBTradeRumors?
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Maybe Gabby and Coughlin both
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
              by CBSSportsMLB
              Marlins have told multiple teams that Leo Nunez is NOT available #TRADES
              Looks like the Marlins are going to do nothing.

Comment

• Fucking sucks.

Comment

• It doesn't suck at all. Keeping Leo for next year does not prevent the Marlins from doing anything they want in free agency (save the unreasonable pujols, prince, Reyes acquisition), or in extensions/arbitration buyouts with Anibal, Stanton, or whoever, and this is even assuming they wouldn't move him in the offseason which IS a possibility. Money is not an issue based on this teams projected payroll next year and who is out there for them to get. You need go stop thinking like 2005-2010. This team has light years more flexibility and can handle a $6 million hit here. He is not a premier guy, but he is certainly above average and the Marlins are better with him than without him if the alternative is the AAA class of Ceda, Marinez, and Sanabia.

He's going to be a type a free agent after 2012. If you don't get at least that much value back in a trade for prospects, you've now made yourself weaker both in the short (2011-2012) and longterm. That is just dumb. You and everyone don't know what is being offered. It's going to be hard to criticize them for not moving him not knowing if other teams are dangling their own Matt Dominguezs for him. Personally, I find it unlikely any team is doing that so I think keeping him is really smart.

Like I've said before, I'm cool trading him, but you need to get something that projects to be a starter because that is what his type a compensation is going to bring. He projects to be a top 3-4 reliever in free agency post 2012 and will het a multi year deal somewhere. Realize, there are no more dump trades and take the best you can get philosophy with this organization. The last 7 years are not the norm.

Comment

• Florida Marlins planning to keep closer Leo Nunez into next season
                    by: Juan C. Rodriguez July 29th, 2011 | 8:03 PM
                    Before Friday’s game, Marlins closer Leo Nunez said his family and friends were driving him crazy asking about a possible trade. That speculation should end soon.

According to an AL front office official who spoke with the Marlins Friday, Leo Nunez will not be traded before Sunday’s non-waiver deadline. In addition, the club plans to keep the arbitration-eligible Nunez heading into next season.

The source said from his conversations with the Marlins, he doesn’t believe the Marlins feel they have anyone ready to take over the closer role and they don’t want ninth-inning issues in 2012.

“He’s going into the new stadium with the Marlins,” the source said.

That jibes with MLB Network radio analyst and former general manager Jim Bowden’s Friday afternoon report saying the Marlins are telling teams Nunez is unavailable.

Nunez needs to convert one more opportunity for back-to-back 30-save seasons. He’s set to join Robb Nen (1996-97) as the only Marlin closer with that distinction.

One reason the Marlins haven’t seen more guys do it: They’ve never allocated significant dollars to the bullpen. The most this regime has spent on a relief pitcher is the $3.65 million it gave Nunez this season. Next year, his salary could top $6.5 million, which typically is more than what the Marlins spend on a full complement of bullpen arms in part because of the volatile nature of relievers.

In other pre-trade deadline chatter, the Marlins have looked for some back of the rotation help, but haven’t found a suitable deal. They may be resigned to going with what they have and continuing their search for starting depth during the offseason.
                    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ontent=Twitter
                    --------------------
                    Marlins not likely to trade by deadline
                    ATLANTA — In two days, the MLB non-waiver trade deadline will arrive. When it passes, the Marlins are not expected to have made any significant moves.

For a while, the team has been leaning towards keeping its core players, including closer Leo Nunez and lefty reliever Randy Choate.

Even National League rivals are not anticipating the Marlins being active at the trade deadline. In fact, one general manager specifically said so.

Doug Melvin, the Brewers executive vice president and general manager, told reporters in Milwaukee the Marlins are not looking to deal. The Brewers inquired about Choate, who is under contract through 2012. Florida has no intention to deal Choate at this point.

“Sometimes, they are just not available, and some clubs said they are trying to win games, even though they may not be in the so-called race,” Melvin said. “If a club has somebody to replace the guy, he’s available. But if you’re going to trade a guy, you have to have somebody to replace him. If you have a young kid in the waiting, that’s one thing. But, if you don’t have anyone to replace him, it’s hard to give up a guy.

“Florida, for example, is a club that, normally, you’d think they were going to move players, but they’ve decided they’re going to hold their players. They’re not anticipating moving anybody.”

– Joe Frisaro
                    http://mlb.mlblogs.com/2011/07/29/ma...e-by-deadline/
                    Last edited by LocoMarlinFan; 07-29-2011, 07:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      It doesn't suck at all. Keeping Leo for next year does not prevent the Marlins from doing anything they want in free agency (save the unreasonable pujols, prince, Reyes acquisition), or in extensions/arbitration buyouts with Anibal, Stanton, or whoever, and this is even assuming they wouldn't move him in the offseason which IS a possibility. Money is not an issue based on this teams projected payroll next year and who is out there for them to get. You need go stop thinking like 2005-2010. This team has light years more flexibility and can handle a $6 million hit here. He is not a premier guy, but he is certainly above average and the Marlins are better with him than without him if the alternative is the AAA class of Ceda, Marinez, and Sanabia.

He's going to be a type a free agent after 2012. If you don't get at least that much value back in a trade for prospects, you've now made yourself weaker both in the short (2011-2012) and longterm. That is just dumb. You and everyone don't know what is being offered. It's going to be hard to criticize them for not moving him not knowing if other teams are dangling their own Matt Dominguezs for him. Personally, I find it unlikely any team is doing that so I think keeping him is really smart.

Like I've said before, I'm cool trading him, but you need to get something that projects to be a starter because that is what his type a compensation is going to bring. He projects to be a top 3-4 reliever in free agency post 2012 and will het a multi year deal somewhere. Realize, there are no more dump trades and take the best you can get philosophy with this organization. The last 7 years are not the norm.
                      I'm just saying it sucks because we couldn't get some SP depth for him.

I thought some team would overvalue him especially considering the 29 saves because it seems to happen during most trade deadlines, but I guess not.

Also, I think it sucks because it seems like they just want to keep him, regardless. Why say you're keeping him no matter what two days before the trade deadline? It seems like they're valuing him as a guy they want to go into the new stadium with regardless because he's their guy.
                      --------------------
                      “Florida, for example, is a club that, normally, you’d think they were going to move players, but they’ve decided they’re going to hold their players. They’re not anticipating moving anybody.”

-Doug Melvin

...This makes things sound like they're not even listening to offers.
                      Last edited by Erick; 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        I'm just saying it sucks because we couldn't get some SP depth for him.

I thought some team would overvalue him especially considering the 29 saves because it seems to happen during most trade deadlines, but I guess not.

Also, I think it sucks because it seems like they just want to keep him, regardless. Why say you're keeping him no matter what two days before the trade deadline? It seems like they're valuing him as a guy they want to go into the new stadium with regardless because he's their guy.
                        --------------------

-Doug Melvin

...This makes things sound like they're not even listening to offers.
                        If the bold is how you feel, that is cool. But you can really say that for anyone on the roster, "it sucks we didn't move him for more than he's worth." I'm just saying, keeping him is not a bad idea and I thought you were hells bells to move him just to deflect payroll/can replace 65 innings mentaility. That would just be a poor organizational decision based on what Nunez brings.

I also wouldn't read to into press releases and fleeting quotes. All the front offices talk nonstop. If someone approaches the Marlins with a big prospect name, they aren't going to ignore it.

Comment

• Realize im new here and all, but no way Leo or Choate r here past Sunday......Choate will be a Yankee and it serves us no purpose to keep Leo

Hi Every1.....Im new....nice to meet ya

Comment

• You sure love ......

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              If the bold is how you feel, that is cool. But you can really say that for anyone on the roster, "it sucks we didn't move him for more than he's worth." I'm just saying, keeping him is not a bad idea and I thought you were hells bells to move him just to deflect payroll/can replace 65 innings mentaility. That would just be a poor organizational decision based on what Nunez brings.

I also wouldn't read to into press releases and fleeting quotes. All the front offices talk nonstop. If someone approaches the Marlins with a big prospect name, they aren't going to ignore it.
                              You could but if there's one thing this organization currently has, it's great bullpen depth to potentially replace a Leo Nunez.

Even if they can't replace Leo internally, finding a couple of relievers in the offseason seems rather easy to do, in comparison to other moves.

Comment

• Well I hope they make some nifty moves in the offseason to compete with Philly and Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                                X