No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instead of looking for a 3rd basemen, we should start giving Dominguez some time at 3rd now, so he can mature. We're out of it and he's been getting hot.

Comment

• so let him season a little bit in the minors

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        so let him season a little bit in the minors
        Absolutely. If you trade Dobbs and Infante and space is cleared, just call up Jose Lopez for August and bring up Matt for some 40 man time to give him a taste before he needs to show up in the Spring. Don't fuck with him the first 20 games he's starting to get AAA. Last thing he needs is Roy Halladay, Tommy Hanson, and the rest of them fighting for playoff positioning for 2 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Instead of looking for a 3rd basemen, we should start giving Dominguez some time at 3rd now, so he can mature. We're out of it and he's been getting hot.
          Well Dominguez is the plan for 3B that is why we are listening to offers for Infante and Dobbs(Not gonna get much but we are listening)

More likely is Dominguez staying in AAA until Sept then go into next year starting at 3B with Boner at 2B

Comment

• Reporting from Cleveland — The Angels reportedly remain interested in San Diego Padres closer Heath Bell, but they could turn their attention to the Marlins, who are prepared to deal relievers Leo Nunez and Randy Choate.

The Marlins are scouting the Angels closely, with assistant general manager Mark Wiley following the team from Baltimore to Cleveland this week. And while Nunez, who has 28 saves and is in the final two months of a $3.65-million deal, would provide depth at the back of the Angels' bullpen, the two teams don't appear to match up.

Florida is looking for a third baseman or a center fielder and the best the Angels could offer would be a deal built around either Alberto Callaspo or Maicer Izturis. The Marlins are likely to get much more elsewhere, but it is curious that Izturis played in the first four games of the trip, the first time he's played four consecutive days in more than a month.

Yet despite all that, if Sunday's nonwaiver trade deadline passes without the Angels making a deal, that would be fine with Manager Mike Scioscia.
            Angels could find trade potential with Marlins

Comment

• lol Mark Wiley isn't the assistant GM

Comment

• I wonder what our future plans with Cogz are. I thought we were looking for SP as well.

Comment

lol Mark Wiley isn't the assistant GM
                  Yeah somehow special assistant to the general manager became that.

Comment

• #Marlins remain on hold, unlikely to trade even Nunez with new park looming. If anything, may want to extend A. Sanchez
                    http://twitter.com/#!/Ken_Rosenthal

Comment

• So they gon pay Nunez next season.

Comment

• They need to stop correlating the moving of Leo Nunez with the new stadium.

Comment

They need to stop correlating the moving of Leo Nunez with the new stadium.
                          I told you(general) they are terrified of that.

Comment

• It's not remotely true though. Leo Nunez is not close to the stature of Hanley, Gaby, Logan, Stanton or even Bonifacio.

They aren't moving him for reasons not pertaining to the stadium.... I think/hope/believe

Comment

• MLBTR-

The Cardinals "now appear to be shopping" center fielder Colby Rasmus "widely," tweets Danny Knobler of CBS Sports. I suck.Knobler notes that the Nationals had a scout in St. Louis last night.

The White Sox and Rays have also been linked to Rasmus, but earlier this month GM John Mozeliak said a trade is "highly unlikely." I suck.The Mariners have also inquired, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports, and Knobler notes that the Giants have watched Rasmus as a possible Carlos Beltran backup plan.

Even in a down year, the 24-year-old Rasmus is hitting .245/.332/.421 on the season. I suck.He's under team control through 2014, so the price will be high.
                              -------------------------

I don't know why my quote thing has not been working.
                              Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• hehe you suck

Comment

Working...
                                X