No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since Mujica is gonna be the closer when Nunez is dealt I highly doubt they would trade him.

Sanches is not great however he is a decent cheaper option then others on the market

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Well since Mujica is gonna be the closer when Nunez is dealt I highly doubt they would trade him.

Sanches is not great however he is a decent cheaper option then others on the market
      I'd keep Mujica too. Just surprised that no team would be calling to try and get him. I would imagine some teams have to be interested; he's much better than Sanches.

And Sanches is not a big deal. He can be replaced from within.

Either way, I'm really not worried about the pen. Regardless of what they end up doing, it's really difficult to screw it up because there's so much depth in the system right now.

Comment

• Omar Infante's name is started to be thrown around as well. Do not expect alot tho in return since alot of the teams in MLB expect us to do a Cody Ross with him next year(No arbitration)

Atlanta has asked about him and SF asked before getting Keppinger

Comment

Omar Infante's name is started to be thrown around as well. Do not expect alot tho in return since alot of the teams in MLB expect us to do a Cody Ross with him next year(No arbitration)

Atlanta has asked about him and SF asked before getting Keppinger
          I'd love to not have to watch him hit again.

Comment

• I just don't wanna see his dumb facial hair anymore
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I don't want to read Erick talk about him anymore.
              poop

Comment

• I don't wanna wait, for our lives to be oooover

Comment

• *pictures Ramp standing alone in a row boat on a gentle pond staring longingly into the distance*
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I really can't believe we want to hold on to Sanches. But like others have said, I can't imagine getting a lot for him.

Comment

Well since Mujica is gonna be the closer when Nunez is dealt I highly doubt they would trade him.

I've heard a lot about Mujica being the closer in waiting, but where does this come from?

Is it just me, or would Dunn make a great closer? Hard stuff, lots of Ks, and wouldn't have to worry about pitching a second inning very often.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• It's been reported that if Nunez gets traded then Edward Mujica will be moved into the closer role. Mike Dunn has great stuff but I think he walks to many batters to be a really sucessful closer. Not to much different than Nunez, huh.
                        Miami Marlins. Channeling our inner 90s Devil Rays.

Comment

• Originally posted by McKeon View Post
                          It's been reported that if Nunez gets traded then Edward Mujica will be moved into the closer role. Mike Dunn has great stuff but I think he walks to many batters to be a really sucessful closer. Not to much different than Nunez, huh.
                          They're not similar at all. Mike Dunn walks a lot more guys (Leo Nunez doesn't even have a problem with walks). And the problem with Dunn isn't necessarily just the walks, it's the fact that he has a tendency of allowing too many HR's in combination with those walks.

Righties are .OPS'ing .830 against him.

I don't think he's a closer right now, but I do think he can become one in the future.

Since he's left-handed, maybe the organization would like to keep him in middle relief regardless for matchups, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by McKeon View Post
                            It's been reported that if Nunez gets traded then Edward Mujica will be moved into the closer role. Mike Dunn has great stuff but I think he walks to many batters to be a really sucessful closer. Not to much different than Nunez, huh.
                            Nunez BB/9 : 3.0
                            league average : 3.1
                            Dunn : 5.3

So, does sound different actually. Much different. You just compared a guy with average control to a guy who ranks 124 out of 137 qualified relievers in BB/9

Comment

• Dunn reminds me a lot of young Billy Wagner. The walks are really disconcerting and I hope he gets that under control because with his stuff he could definitely close
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                                Dunn reminds me a lot of young Billy Wagner. The walks are really disconcerting and I hope he gets that under control because with his stuff he could definitely close
                                exactly who I would have compared him to

Comment

Working...
                                X