No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not if we signed CJ Wilson to be our 5th starter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      I'm not sure what Ubaldo has to do with Nolasco.

We wouldn't get Montero+ for Nolasco.

Ubaldo's a better pitcher on a much better contract.
      Better contract, yeah, more similar career numbers than you'd think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Suck it Philly? They'd still laugh at that.
        They would laugh with a hint of fear.

Sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
          Better contract, yeah, more similar career numbers than you'd think.
          No, they're not similar at all, really.

Ubaldo's got a career 131 ERA+, while Nolasco's is at 98.

Nolasco has career peripherals that say his career ERA probably shouldn't be 4.3, but there's a reason why he's historically had high ERA's.

Nolasco gives up a shitload of HR's (1.14 HR/9). Considering the team, you could make a case that pitching in the AL East/half his games in Yankee Stadium, Nolasco is probably an inconsistent, high 4ish ERA guy.

The Yankees aren't going to give up Montero+ for that.

Ubaldo, on the other hand, is on a great contract and had a dominant year just last year.
          He's a power arm with a strong K rate and a career 0.57 HR/9/50.5 GB rate making him a much better pitcher, especially considering the team (Yankees/Yankee Stadium).

And Ubaldo's actually the guy who pitches in Coors Field with those numbers. (the best hitters' park in baseball)

There's really not much of a comparison here.
          --------------------
          By the way, even though the results have been there lately, Nolasco's yearly K/9 #'s have gone from 9.49 to 8.39 to 6.68 this year. That's not really going to boost his trade value, by any means.
          Last edited by Erick; 07-17-2011, 10:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

What did that article have to do with the Marlins?
            Nothing, he's just an established third basemen who can help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              Nothing, he's just an established third basemen who can help us.
              With a $16 million dollar option for next year. Pass.

Comment

With a $16 million dollar option for next year. Pass.
                I think he actually has a $2 mil buyout for 2012.

Comment

• I might be the only one who doesn't want to trade anyone but maybe Vazquez if we are given anything.

Comment

• They mentioned "should you trade Hanley now that he's hot" on the Sedano show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      They mentioned "should you trade Hanley now that he's hot" on the Sedano show.
                      That's pretty dumb, because it's essentially implying that Hanley won't keep this up when in reality this is who Hanley really is. Trading him would be flat out retarded. Can't say I'm surprised that some people are discussing this, though.

And yeah; I definitely don't see the Yankees including Montero in a deal for Nolasco.

Comment

• Brandon Guzio did almost an entire hour of talk on Sunday saying they Marlins need to get rid of Hanley because he is tired of his lazy/no work ethic attitude and that the Marlins really need to stalk pile the minor league system with 4-5 guys because it is barren.

I texted in and actually got a response. I asked him what prospects would he like, because they pretty much have a prospect at every position. He said Matt Dominguez shouldn't be considered a prospect and he doesn't want to hear about him anymore, and they need young arms in the minors because they have no one for the rotation. He said he is sick of guys like Volstad and Brad Hand who shouldn't be in the majors.

Apparently he thinks there should be an Ace in every spot of the rotation. He even went as far to say that the contract Hanley is signed to will hinder the team and that they should dump him to clear money for guys who deserve it like LoMo and Coghlan because they show leadership... lol

I don't understand how these guys get on the air when they seem to know so little about things. I'm sure if the team did trade Hanley he would be one of the first people to say this is why no one likes the Marlins they always trade away their star players.

Comment

• That's because Guzio is a fucking moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                            Brandon Guzio did almost an entire hour of talk on Sunday saying they Marlins need to get rid of Hanley because he is tired of his lazy/no work ethic attitude and that the Marlins really need to stalk pile the minor league system with 4-5 guys because it is barren.

I texted in and actually got a response. I asked him what prospects would he like, because they pretty much have a prospect at every position. He said Matt Dominguez shouldn't be considered a prospect and he doesn't want to hear about him anymore, and they need young arms in the minors because they have no one for the rotation. He said he is sick of guys like Volstad and Brad Hand who shouldn't be in the majors.

Apparently he thinks there should be an Ace in every spot of the rotation. He even went as far to say that the contract Hanley is signed to will hinder the team and that they should dump him to clear money for guys who deserve it like LoMo and Coghlan because they show leadership... lol

I don't understand how these guys get on the air when they seem to know so little about things. I'm sure if the team did trade Hanley he would be one of the first people to say this is why no one likes the Marlins they always trade away their star players.
                            I'm curious to hear his explanation as to why Dominguez (who is only 21) should not be considered a prospect anymore.

Comment

• You don't need to hear because the guy doesn't know anything about baseball and he's a dumbass.

Comment

• When I was listening he didn't really give an explanation he just said he is tired of hearing about him. I can only imagine it would be because he failed to make the team out of spring training and he isn't really tearing up the minors now. From the sound of things he believes every rookie should come up and instantly be amazing... but he also admits his team is the Yankees and only watches the Marlins occasionally. I don't take what he says too seriously, it just makes me upset that there are turds on the radio who bash the team and really don't know anything about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X