• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not that EITHER of them is an option but what "experienced 3B" is

A) On the market;
    B) In our price range;
    C) Available for not that much in terms of prospects; and
    D) Better than Greg Dobbs or Wes Helms

Again, I don't want those guys starting BUT 3B is the weakest position in the whole league. We aren't going to trade for a Wright or Aramis so who the fuck does he think we're going to get?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• A great established hitter on the rise like Chone Figgins

Comment

• I don't think we have a great chance at the playoffs, but I do think that it's in this franchise's best interest to finish as strong as possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a push even if the chances of making the playoffs are slim.
        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
        - Daft

Comment

• They should have gotten Michael Young while they had the chance. Unless they want to go after D.Wright, I don't see anything better out there.

Comment

• Still glad they didn't get Young.
            poop

Comment

• From cubbiescrib.com

Aramis Ramirez is a popular name on the trade market. Though, if he is to be traded, a few things would have to happen first. The first would be Ramirez would have to waive his no trade clause. Ramirez’s no trade clause has been heavily discussed in recent weeks and no one truly knows whether Ramirez will invoke it or not. Up to this point, Ramirez has made it clear that he has no intention of approving a trade and wants to remain with the Cubs. Though, there has been speculation that Ramirez would accept a trade to a team like the Yankees or Angels. Or, Ramirez may be willing to waive his no trade clause in August, once his family has moved back to the Dominican Republic. The other obstacle potentially blocking any Ramirez trade, is the 2012 vesting option that is in Ramirez’s contact.

In recent weeks, there has been some unclarity as to whether or not Ramirez’s $16 million option in 2012 vests if he is traded. While Cots Baseball Contracts suggests that option vests if Ramirez is traded, that does not appear to be the case. Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reported last night that 2012 option in Ramirez’s contract does not vest. Levine has been one of the first reporters to suggest that option may not vest, and yesterday, he reported it as fact. For what it is worth, that is the same thing I have been hearing from independent sources as well.

This now makes a Ramirez trade much more possible. Instead of trying to work out the $16 million owed to Ramirez in 2012, the Cubs and the teams interested in trading for Ramirez would only have figure how to divide the approximate $10 million left on Ramirez’s contract for the 2011 season. The teams rumored to be interested in Ramirez are the Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians, and Los Angeles Angels. The Yankees and Angels are believed to have the most interest in Ramirez.

The question now becomes will Ramirez waive his no trade clause. Despite multiple statements to the contrary, I believe that Ramirez will waive approve a trade under the right circumstances. The reason Ramirez does not want to waive his no trade clause is because of his family. The Cubs third baseman does not want to move his family out of the Chicago land area. However as I touched on in the open, Ramirez’s family will be moving back to the Dominican Republic in August in anticipation of the school year starting. Meaning if the Cubs strike a deal with either the Yankees or Angels on July 31, Ramirez may be willing to sacrifice some extra time with his family if it meant competi
              I don't know how credible this might be, but why not?

I'm sure he would waive his clause to come here.

Obviously depends on what the Cubs may want.
              Last edited by Big Z; 07-17-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                From cubbiescrib.com

I don't know how credible this might be, but why not?

I'm sure he would waive his clause to come here.

Obviously depends on what the Cubs may want.
                What did that article have to do with the Marlins?

Comment

• I agree with not trading Choate. I don't know too many Loogy's who get a ton on the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                    I agree with not trading Choate. I don't know too many Loogy's who get a ton on the market.
                    LOOGY's are rather easy to get.
                    Although there's no need to trade Choate unless if you get a nice return. He's already under contract next year, and he's one of the better ones in the big leagues right now. He might actually be the best one so far this year.

Comment

• Yankees were told the price for Jiminez is Montero, Banuelos and Nova.

Obviously, they balked at that, but rumor is they'll do Montero+ no problem.

Please dangle Ricky. Please.

Comment

• Montero can't catch though.

Comment

• I think you collect talent and then figure it out.

Aside from Stanton and Hanley, we have nothing dynamic. Plus, a lot of teams are high on Montero. Even if you turn around and flip him, Montero+ is super sexy.

Comment

• I'm not sure what Ubaldo has to do with Nolasco.

We wouldn't get Montero+ for Nolasco.

Ubaldo's a better pitcher on a much better contract.

Comment

• Imagine we'd get Ubaldo; JJ Ubaldo Nolasco Sanchez & #5

Suck it Philly.

Comment

• Suck it Philly? They'd still laugh at that.

Comment

Working...
                                X