No announcement yet.

Jose Fernandez, RHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't found anything on what's going on. Got 2 weeks left.

Comment

• Shouldn't be worried until next week. Negotiations for a lot of 1st rounders won't really even start until next week.
      Christian Yelich
      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

• Pay him his signing bonus in stem cells and be done with it.
        There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Florida Marlins: First rounder Jose Fernandez not feeling the love
          by: Juan C. Rodriguez August 7th, 2011 | 2:19 PM
          In some ways, right-hander Jose Fernandez already looks like a big leaguer. At 19 and barely out of Tampa Alonso High School, the Marlins’ first round pick has a major league body and fastball to match. Sunday morning from behind Aviator sunglasses, he expertly negotiated a mouth full of sunflower seeds and wondered allowed why he’s not yet on a big league track.

With just over a week to go before the Aug. 15 deadline, Fernandez and the Marlins have yet to consummate a deal.

“It’s not a secret,” said Fernandez, at Ruben Dario Park in Miami to throw out the first pitch before a Cuban old timers’ softball game organized by Fernandez’s public relations consultant, Omar Claro.

“They came to my house for a meeting and it was like they didn’t give it any importance, like they weren’t that interested. It’s something I didn’t understand because they picked me No. 14 in the first round, but no problem. If they’re not interested, neither am I.

“I’m working and I think a 19-year-old kid throwing 99, every team in the big leagues would want him. I can go to college for a year and enter the draft again or spend the next year training with [pitching coach] Orlando Chinea and then I’m a free agent.”

Fernandez has signed a letter of intent with the University of South Florida, but he’s unlikely to don a Bulls’ uniform. Richard Arena, Fernandez’s agent, offered a more optimistic portrayal of the process.

“I don’t have any reservations about this thing getting done,” said Arena, a former scout who now represents players with Tampa-based Team One Management. “It’s definitely going to get done. There’s no question.”

Arena would not discuss specific numbers or quantify the gap between the two sides, but he did acknowledge his client and the Marlins were in the same zip code.

The estimated MLB slot recommendation for the 14th overall pick according to Baseball America is $1.602 million. The Marlins’ bonus offer is believed to be right around that sum.

All but two of the top 16 picks remain unsigned. Three of the seven first rounders selected after Fernandez who already have inked deals signed for slightly above slot.

“They want to sign him and he wants to sign, so there’s nothing in the middle except opinions and dollar values,” Arena said. “I don’t think the dollar values that are going to be talked about in the next couple of days are something that’s not achievable.”

Meanwhile, Fernandez has spent the summer working with Chinea, his pitching coach of three years, throwing weekly bullpen sessions on Saturday. He plans to face hitters for the first time next weekend.

“Yesterday’s was super good,” Fernandez said. “I was around 93-96 with an 81, 82 curve and a changeup 79,80. Everything is perfect. I feel much stronger than when I finished the season. I’m not straining and I’m still throwing 93-95. That’s good when you’re not muscling up and you can still reach that velocity. It feels good.”

Signing a pro contract might feel even better.
          http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...-the-love.html

Comment

• and wondered allowed
            COME THE FUCK ON
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Sounds like a dick.
              poop

Comment

• I love translated pages.

"The team knows quality Fernández and would ready to upload the majors easily.'

Comment

• I hope he gets signed soon so we don't have to end up hating him.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• The sooner he signs, the sooner we can upload him to the majors.

Comment

• That's assuming we have the bandwidth.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• We might have to shut down the chat thread for it to happen
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• So odds aren't looking good here?

Comment

• 23 of top 33, 6 of first 7 haven't signed yet

so we're in good company

Comment

• Marlins' first round draft pick Jose Fernandez has an interesting back story as a Cuban defector. Drafted 14th overall, the Fish appear to have offered Fernandez a bonus right around the $1.6MM slot so far. His advisor, Richard Arena of Team One Management, told Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel on August 7th, "It’s definitely going to get done. There’s no question."
                              Good News

Comment

• DENVER — Whether Jose Fernandez signs with the Marlins may become a deadline decision.

According to a source familiar with the negotiations, talks are expected to go “down to the wire.”

All MLB teams have until 12:01 p.m. ET on Tuesday to come to terms with their draftees, meaning official notification has to be in the Commissioner’s Office when the clock strikes midnight.

A team that does not sign its first- or second-round pick will receive a compensatory pick in the 2012 Draft. That selection will come at the same slot, plus one. In other words, if a team doesn’t sign the No. 9 overall pick, it would receive the No. 10 pick — technically 9A — the following year. A team does not receive a 2012 pick if it does not come to terms with a selection made with a compensation pick this year.

Fernandez, the 14th overall pick, is a graduate of Tampa Alonso High School. A Cuban defector, the 6-foot-3 right-hander sports a fastball that has been clocked as high as 98 mph.

As of late last week, the two sides were far apart. The projected slot for the 14th pick is $1.6 million, and according to some reports, Fernandez is seeking close to $2 million more than that.
                                Frisaro's blog

Comment

Working...
                                X