Mariner Series in Seattle: Thanks Bono!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    I hear this U2 tour will go down as the highest grossing tour of all time.
    U2's tours are really long, they charge an assload for tickets, and they play stadiums. Not surprising.
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Got seats for $70 on stub hub in the upper deck

In 1997 (Pop Mart tour) I saw them at a place called Joe Robbie Stadium. I was about 14 rows from the stage on the floor
      When they came to Tampa on this tour in 2009, I was in the inner circle on the field for 50 bucks.

Also Muse opened for them.

Comment

Bono gave a shout out to the Marlins. That will turn things around!
        --------------------
        Also LeBron James is there.
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 06-29-2011, 09:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Et tu, U2?

Rock bands have frequently been known to tear up stadium fields during concerts, and now it looks as though the band U2 has done it again.

The Irish band, which forced the Florida Marlins to shift a home series against the Seattle Mariners from Miami to Seattle last weekend, apparently did a number on Angel Stadium after performing there on back-to-back nights June 17 and June 18.

Although the stadium grounds crew installed a new playing surface after the concerts, the grass had not completely settled by the series opener Monday night against the Washington Nationals, according to the Los Angeles Times.

"It's still good, but it's going to be a little rough," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said earlier Monday. "I don't think you'll see a multitude of bad hops, but there are more seams than usual until the grass grows in. It's playable, but it's not finished."

Maybe the Angels should consider themselves lucky.

U2 performed at Spartan Stadium on the Michigan State campus last Sunday and apparently had a massive stage built that stretched across the field's playing surface. According to The Post Game, some 100 trucks and 500 workers constructed a stage that weighed six times more than a typical 60-ton stage and included a 14,000-square-foot video screen, a 164-foot claw-like structure and more than 400 tons of steel.

It must have done a number on the Spartan Stadium grass.

Afterward, U2 reportedly offered to pay for a new grass field as a token of its appreciation — and at a cost of $253,000.

Here's the band's upcoming stadium hit list: Vanderbilt Stadium, Soldier Field (NFL's Chicago Bears), Lincoln Financial Field (NFL's Philadelphia Eagles), Busch Stadium (MLB's St. Louis Cardinals), New Meadowlands Stadium (NFL's NY Giants/Jets), TCF Bank Stadium (University of Minnesota) and Heinz Field (NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers).

The North American swing of U2's tour was originally scheduled for 2010 but postponed when lead singer Bono suffered a back injury that required surgery.

The Marlins will find out later this week what kind of damage was done to the their field. They traveled from one corner of the country to the other to play a supposed home series because they lost their home dates to the lengthy setup time required for the U2 stage. Although none of the Marlins players were complaining, it still seemed unjust as the they lost two of three games in the weekend series vs. the Mariners.

That's not home-field advantage.
          http://www.foxsportswest.com/06/28/1...75&feedID=9173

Comment

I can't imagine the damage The Big Four show will do at Yankee Stadium now.

Comment

Who's the Big 4?

Comment

Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, I think.
                poop

Comment

More like big 1 and his 3 friends

Comment

Working...
                  X